Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Change Theme In Xero causes loop in compiling less

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I choose watermelon as the theme to save and then when save and close is chosen, it just sits there compiling less, this is the second time I have used this template, but the first time I just left this at the default and changed some colours. Any ideas? I am meant to deliver this site by Friday, and yes I know I left the run late but had all the content ready to go and as I had used this template already, did not anticipate any other problems as I had solved the background issue with the help of the forum last time.
less.jpg

Have attached a picture although I know you will know what I am talking about.

Cheers
Jeff
  • zoldar
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 39 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jeff,

Are you using the latest version?
v1.0.8 should have solved this.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thankyou, did not look for latest version as I only grabbed this one a few weeks ago, but will keep an eye on that and very glad it was fixed with an update. I did search forum but did not find any hits before I posted.

Cheers
Jeff
  • zoldar
  • 39 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Great thanks for letting us know.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I can confirm and expand on this topic.

I observed an infinite loop in Less compilation on the Xero Quick Start with Xero 1.0.8

It happens in Production mode when we make changes to the existing theme or create a clone of the existing theme. I also happens when no changes are made but LESS compilation was explicitly requested.

Even more surprising is that LESS compiler is started even in development mode when all the compilation is supposedly should be done on the front end. Any change on the Theme page of the Template manager and an attempt to save it triggers the compiler. And the compiler goes to the infinite loop.
  • serge_s
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 28 posts
Hi Serge,

I dont see that here with my copy. Are there any errors in the console or does it happen if you change the theme?

Regarding dev mode and admin less compilation you are right that I havent decoupled the compile to less functionality there.
I may look at adding a check for this in the future and only compile once the user switches dev mode off.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

I created a ticket with a little bit more info. Please note that I am on WIN7, not on the MAC :)

The worst thing is that compilation goes indefinitely not all of the time, but most of the time. This intermittent effect is the worst thing for diagnostics.

Thanks.
Serge.
  • serge_s
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 28 posts
Agreed - so are there errors in the console or does it happen if you change the theme?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers