Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools Grids published to Tabs position odd link behaviour

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I am setting my blog up similar to Newstream2 with the Featured/Popular tabs module using Zentools, however, why is it when I click on a blog image in the module the post opens under the module instead of opening on the blog page?

If I click the same module image again it will open the full post on the blog page (which is the correct link) and the behaviour I want to happen.

How do I make it that when the module image is clicked it opens on the blog page instead of on the home page under the module. lowcarbeater.com/

Cheers, Mark
  • Mark
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

You need to make sure links are pointing to the content either individual articles or their categories

Without that Joomla reloads the home page
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For more information on this please check out this link

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/implementing-a-fix-for-menu-item-ids-in-joomla

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,

thanks for the info and I tried the menu fix thing but had no joy. I am beginning to think Joomla isn't very intuitive and I'm pretty much still struggling to understand why the blog post is opening up under the grid on the homepage instead of on it's own blog/article page? I guess over the past 5 years of blogging I must have been spoilt with simple platforms :)

There is no obvious link settings I can adjust - not that I can see. The Featured/Popular module is setup correctly because it pulls the correct articles to the grid and on the second click of the same grid image it does go to the proper article post - why the second click and not the first?

I'm also using Easyblog so I have set the content in Zentools mod to come from there - could this be causing the conflict?

Cheers,

Mark
  • Mark
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
Hi Mark,

Looking at the site with the 3 articles it does look like there still isn't a menu link

Have you created a menu and added the category or the individual menu link articles to it? normally folks call it a hidden menu

The menu doesn't doesn't need to be published just existing on the system

There are no settings to alter as such in the module - the module may work but will act oddly

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry Paul, I'm hopeless... I have created a ticket :(
  • Mark
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
No problem

I didn't know this either :)

For other users the fix was

"I just looked at your easyblog module and there is an option at the top for different routing options. I have just changed it to use the menu item."

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers