Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Nearly there with your wonderful Newstream2 template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

As you will see at www.peterjukes.com I'm nearly up to speed with the changes since Newstream (under Joomla 1.5) and I've learned to look things up before asking the obvious

One slight thing I can't seem to get round - a broken category view

No matter how I change the category view options under K2 this page still creates a strange column effect, and then hides the accordion menu somewhere near the bottom

peterjukes.com/joomla3/essays-blogs-journalism

The sub categories are fine, and all my other major menu items are getting how I want them

Any idea where there might be hidden over-rides for this particular top of the tree

Once again thanks for your stunning templates

Peter
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Normally in this case its the content causing the problems - I can see some coding

Bit in your case what is the main content width set at?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I really don't know Paul. It doesn't seem to be an issue with any of the subcategories or item views. I followed the Newstream installation spec quite stringently. Would this be something coded in an individual item? Or a more global setting I'm unaware of?
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
Ok try loading one item in the k2 layout zero all the others and see if the sidebar lines up

so one article only displays
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for that. You were of course right: it was a couple of image settings within old items that exceeded the module width

One - hopefully - final thing

On about a quarter of my items I get the follow error for user and avatar

LATEST FROM
NOTICE: UNDEFINED PROPERTY: STDCLASS::$AUTHOR IN /WEBSITES/123REG/LINUXPACKAGE22/PE/TE/RJ/PETERJUKES.COM/PUBLIC_HTML/JOOMLA3/COMPONENTS/COM_K2/TEMPLATES/DEFAULT/ITEM.PHP ON LINE 435

NOTICE: TRYING TO GET PROPERTY OF NON-OBJECT IN /WEBSITES/123REG/LINUXPACKAGE22/PE/TE/RJ/PETERJUKES.COM/PUBLIC_HTML/JOOMLA3/COMPONENTS/COM_K2/TEMPLATES/DEFAULT/ITEM.PHP ON LINE 435

I've switched off avatars in item view, but maybe there's a setting I'm missing. If the worst comes to the worst and I have to go through each item manually (or in the database) do you happen to know which field or entry I should amend?

Thanks once again in advance for all your great help with these fantastic templates

Peter
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
A notice is the lowest level of error - it sometimes isn't even an error

You could check/ask about the error reporting level on the server or change the error reporting level to none in the global config > server tab

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers