Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Some zentools anomalies

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Loving resurrecting my site with Newstream2 a year or so on: however, I'm getting a few issues with the zentools grids here at

www.peterjukes.com

1 The Most read and featured tabs seems to crop unevenly, and leave a gap between title and category

2. Meanwhile I couldn't make categories view (like the old captcha) work with categories, and had to make it go for K2 items instead. It loads these, but won't overlay the title or category, even though the grid settings are now identical to those I used in most read and featured tabs

What am I missing?

Many thanks in advance

Peter
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Oh - and still looking for the global command to make links stand out either underlined or in different font. But maybe that's specific Joomla issue.
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
Getting this error at the moment

INSERT command denied to user 'a__jooml_kuzf8pq'@'linweb7.atlas.pipex.net' for table 'mlbso_session' SQL=INSERT INTO `mlbso_session` (`session_id`, `client_id`, `time`) VALUES ('6959358f7043e4800890ce2c2ea7825e', 0, '1413764869')
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes, looks like I've worn out the hosting package access or something. I've contacted my host customer support: but it's late UK time.
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
Not sure if you reported this to your support yet but its still

INSERT command denied to user 'a__jooml_kuzf8pq'@'linweb24.atlas.pipex.net' for table 'mlbso_session' SQL=INSERT INTO `mlbso_session` (`session_id`, `client_id`, `time`) VALUES ('98207f369fce3349c33fd4d02d712dab', 0, '1413815835')

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I know - somehow the Joomla directory has acquired 1GB of data in the last few days. Something fishy. I'm deleting old files, but they claim my database is beyond it's 150mb limit. It isn't. But I have to wait till the customer support at my hosting company sorts it out.

Back at you whenever I sort this out.
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
That doesn't sound good at all

Good luck with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Well the site is now back up and running since the hosting company did a backup of my database and created a new one based on it

I'm still running into the same issues with the grid settings for my copy of your Categories view in Newstream2. For some reason they won't overlay the title over the image: I'm sure I'm missing something here. The same goes for the broken lines in the featured and most read tabs.

Also, all the images, whether right sized or not, seem to have gone through some fading out and overexposure process. It looks like they've all been tagged with some kind of lightbox setting which makes them largely invisible. I don't remember that in any of my newstream settings. I wonder if there is some global image command one of the modules has loaded, outside the Joomla Bamboo framework

Which I do adore by the way. Though it's far from perfect, I'm delighted to get newstream2 back online

Best

Peter
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
One other thing about the re-booting of my database: I notice the attached K2 images have gone, and there are hundreds now missing. I've reinstalled some, but many images are in the introtext of the K2 items. I don't seem to be able to find the 'use introtext' option for the Zentools grids and lists. If you have a short cut for that, it would save me hours.
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
Few things going on in this thread :)

heading tags in h4 tabs position - its adding a margin which is causing the space

#tabs h4 {margin:0;}

Try adding this
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding the categories I'm not 100% following - where am I looking?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Categories grid 3 as per your front page wouldn't work with K2: so I've made it a Random articles captcha like grid in that position. But titles won't display over the image.

I'll try to add the #tabs h4 {margin:0;} code: I assume that's in the template rather than the module. Will investigate both
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
You need to add the css code to the custom.css file

Are you familiar with how this works?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding the images being over exposed - have you worked on the site offline and then uploaded the site?

There is a bug or issues with certain local hosts GD image library so it wrecks the images - I'm not 100% sure but think its MAMP
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding the missing images are they still available in the site itself?

Are you able to change a test image and see it display?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Both your questions about CSS and MAMP raise another week of investigation for me.
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
CSS I can help you with

Its quite simple - follow these instructions

www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=661&id=110521&Itemid=215

The file has to be called custom.css is the main thing

Then paste my code in exactly as its added above
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
GD library wise

Test by adding a new image via the site that you know looks normal

If it becomes over exposed then its a hosting issue you can raise with the host

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The images are fine and untouched in the images folder. They sometimes display as normal - but more often with the under exposure.

Happy to deal with CSS, but I have cascading problems since Joomla 1.5. had to be abandoned. I had a beautifully functioning Newstream site that took several hundred dollars and months to migrate to Joomla 3. I just can't get newstream to look anything like it did. I will persevere.
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
Can I just add the #tabs h4 {margin:0;} to the custom css option in the template?

If so - before or after head or body?
  • peterjukes
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers