Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Images not showing up in Presto template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm building a website offline using the Presto template and I'm having a difficult time getting the images to show up on the home page, or any other page for that matter. I'm using MAMP to view the site from my harddrive.

They display fine as thumbnails on the menu sidebar, and they display in a lightbox when the links are clicked, but the gallery images are not found.

I've been able to locate the the actual images fine in my site's media-> mod_zentools-> cache-> images folder, but they aren't displaying.

Any suggestions? Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but I haven't been able to figure this out.
  • Chris
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 7 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Do you have any errors listed in the browser console window when you view the site?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

No errors mentioned when I view the site. If I click where the photo should be, I can still navigate where I need to go. And if I were to right click and open the link in a new tab, the full-resolution photo shows up.

I've attached a screen-shot of what I see. If I look under "inspect element" in Chrome and click the link to the photo in the code, a message shows up saying the image isn't found on the server. I can scroll through the images fine when I display them after opening up the gallery to view them individually, but the initial grid photos on the home page, or on the gallery pages (viewed as a group) are not showing up.

Thanks for your help,
Chris
Attachments:
  • Chris
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 7 posts
Looking a bit further, it seems the issue may be with the URL it is using to call the image. In the "inspect element" side of Chrome, I can see the URL it is using to reach the image. Instead of

http://localhost/myname//media/mod_zentools/cache/images/etc...

it shows this:

The requested URL /myname/http://localhost/myname//media/mod_zentools/cache/images/etc...

I guess this is why the correct image isn't showing up. I'm just not sure why or how I may have programmed it to do this.

I did switch over to presto from another few templates. Maybe I should wipe the site and do a fresh start?
  • Chris
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 7 posts
hmm that looks possible

Are you are able to get the site online so we can have a look?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
If you want the site to be viewed privately there is also the ticket option

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for your quick replies, Paul.
I decided to reinstall Joomla 3.4.1 and the latest version of MAMP. I did a fresh install of the Presto template and the extensions and everything seems to be working well now. The images are showing up just as they should.

The only other question I have is about installing the JB_zenkit_J2.5_J3.1_2.1.3 file in Joomla. It says "you need to have K2 installed to finish installation. Aborting..."
And then when I attempt to install Zenkit_K2_v1.0.5, Joomla rejects it, with the message "Can't find XML setup file"

I'm not sure if I need these extensions with what I'm running, but I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks again
  • Chris
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 7 posts
Hi Chris,

Zenkit needs k2 to be installed

Zenkit is a series of k2 templates - k2 is a CCK

getk2.org/index.php

Is there a particular reason you need to use k2?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I suppose there's not a particular reason. I'm still a bit of a newbie with Joomla and I wasn't sure if K2 was something I needed so I wanted to install it, just in case it was.

Thanks again for your help!
  • Chris
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 7 posts
Thanks for posting back Chris - let us know if you need anything else.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers