Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Can I remove the #! from the gallery urls?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am getting urls like gmf.cloudaccess.net/#!Tile-Shower and gmf.cloudaccess.net/#!Tile-Walls

Are the #! symbols a necessary requirement of the Presto galleries?
  • scarney
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sean.

That's a necessary part of the url. It's the standard Google protocol for referencing ajax based content.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony, all
and would it be possible to somehow change them to not use ajax(even to create non working urls), or point somewhere else ?
My idea would be to have one image in gallery - to have nice home page- and when I click to image instead of taking me to gallery, I would like to get to an article. And URL Rewriters I tried are not able to redirect me (301) to anywhere due to ajax I guess.
So urls (even non existing) would be ok for me. ie: gmf.cloudaccess.net/XXTile-Walls, this one I can redirect.
Thanks
Jakub
  • KbNk
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
Hi Jakub.

Sure thats possible - I think.

It depends how you want it to work but you could just do a search replace of the #! and either change it to # or remove it all together. If you remove it then you will end up with proper links or if you add keep the # then it will obviously behave like an anchor.

There may be one more complication but let me know how it goes.
Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers