Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

converted template from lifestyle on 2.5 to lifestyle2 on joomla 3 - menu problem

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

when i converted my site i had a menu set to appear on only specific pages which are cree pages (cree is not supported by joomla so these pages and the menus are done with graphics). The menu for the cree pages is not appearing even though the settings are all correct. in fact it is showing the english menu which even when unpublished still shows up. i had no problem on the old site (see fivenations.ca) but on the new site there are issues which may or may not be related to the problems i am having with the slideshow which i detailed in another topic. (see fivenations.ca/convert)

i can recall having menu issues related to slideshows in the past which is why i think they may be related but i was asked to put it in another topic to avoid confusion.
thanks!
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Are you running any site caching or SEO software?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
cache settings are off and only using search engine friendly urls as defined in global config.
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
If you open the data in the db does that need to be "fixed"?

Extensions > Manage > Database

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Everything is up to date. i ran fix as soon as the update was done to make sure everything was ok. just checked it and it still says up to date.
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
I'm guessing you get the same if you switch to a default Joomla template?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
i checked in beez3 and 5 and i get no menu at all when i go to those versions. i only see the english menu on the cree pages in the lifestyles template
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
interesting note, when i move the menu to another position such as breadcrumbs, the english menu goes away and i DO get the cree menu in the other position. the problem seems to be specific to the menu position.
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
With the template are you able to disable the mega menu and publish a module to the menu position?

cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,

With T3 templates, the main menu is assigned in the template settings rather than by assigning a module.

If your site is multi-language then you should have a default template for each language with the correct menu set in the navigation tab.

If it's a single language but you just want that menu n some pages then you need a template style assigned to those pages with the correct menu set.

Hope that helps.

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
I just thought I'd post this as a friend in America sent me the link

www.thevintagenews.com/2016/10/29/gorgeous-portraits-of-cree-tribe-the-largest-group-of-first-nations-in-north-america-2/
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers