Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Problem with some articles not opening

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

:unsure: This may be me but .....

On both my quickstart version and your Live version some articles do not link out to show the whole article from the home/classic page.

Article "Aenean pulvinar, nisi vitae" just gives back the same home-classic page
Article News #4 and New #3 do open the article - It seems that only the ones in category News will open!

I have compared the two articles in administrator and cannot see anything set differently.

Ann
  • Ann
  • 12 Month basic
  • 47 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Ann,

It sounds like homepage is reloading

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/implementing-a-fix-for-menu-item-ids-in-joomla

Check out this article

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
In essence - Try creating a hidden menu pointing to either the articles or their category and the module should then load the page

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by manh.
Hi Paul

Thanks for that it works a treat!

Only thing I'd mention is the article states that the 'hidden' menu never gets used. I found that it shows up in breadcrumbs and also as part of the title when the article opens . All setting were as setup on the quickstart package. I dare say changing settings could remove the references.

Ann
  • Ann
  • 12 Month basic
  • 47 posts
Hi Ann,

It will be the category and article name showing in the breadcrumbs rather than the menu links I think

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers