Support Forum

• Page:

Maps2 stripping API

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

When updating Maps2 to 1.2.5 with an earlier version the installed/entered Google API key is being stripped from the module settings. Then map then does not display.

Once the key is re-entered the module functions again and displays the map.

Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi,

After the update did you save module settings? and you re-entered the same key, right?

Cheers
Piotr
  • Piotr Kunicki
  • 45 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Hi Ian,

What maps2 version were you using prior to the update?

As I can't seem to replicate the problem

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Piotr/Paul

Installed version 1.2.5 via Joomla install over v.1.2.4. Did not open the module and save, this is usually not required on a simple update.

When the module did not display the map, typical API missing grey area, I opened the module to find the API field had been stripped. Re-entered the API key, saved the module and all fine.

I have reproduced it, however not on all sites, so trying to get some logic to the failure. No major issue in the module function I can see, and can easily re-enter the key if you know about it.

My gut feeling is it happens when the site started with a later version of Joomla originally and a later version of Maps2. Older sites seem to upgrade fine. From memory there was similar issue on GitHub but cannot get access to that currently to check it out.

Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Unfortunately, we've not got round to github yet - not entirely sure what we will do with that as so much to do with updates and migrations

Thanks for the info - I will mention this to the developer to see if he has any thoughts
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers