Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Editor (JCE) CSS to match front end

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

You're using one of the T3 builds, so you might be set up a little differently. It is possible to configure JCE, however.

Go ahead and create an editor.css (or something), put it in the Base3 css folder, and in JCE global configs, link to it. Just might work. :)

jce_global_config.jpg
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by blueshift.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Yep that is what we working towards - hopefully we might get somewhere with the path and import

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yeah, I was able to do that (add an editor.css to the Base3 CSS folder) but I can only get it to load my custom.css but not any of the other CSS files used for the site (the ones that live in \templates\base3\local\css\themes\MyTheme\)
  • Klayton Kuzminski
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 58 posts
can you specify a different path? (And make sure those slashes lean in the other direction.)
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Yeah I have tried that using a couple different methods with @import. I even went so far as to create renamed copies of the css files I want into the same folder with the custom.css and tried loading those in my editor.css. Strangely it seems that when I try to @import any files aside from custom.css it doesn't appear to load any of them in the editor including custom.css.
  • Klayton Kuzminski
  • 58 posts
have never had any success loading more than one file - just a single editor.css. In my latest build I didn't even have to tell JCE where it was - it found it on its own. But I have to build the file to suit - and I add regular labs content templater and preview to help with iterative work.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Thanks for the help with this
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes, definitely thank you! I am still struggling to get it to work the way I want but you input is helpful and very much appreciated.
  • Klayton Kuzminski
  • 58 posts
Are you still having the same problem?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I can get some of the desired results by explicitly adding code to the editor.css but can't get it to load the bootstrap.css or template.css either by loading them in the editor.css or by loading multiple files through JCE "Custom CSS files".
  • Klayton Kuzminski
  • 58 posts
Yes, as indicated, in the back end it is not perfect. I'm not sure who well bootstrap holds up under front end editing - I've tried it in the T3/Bootstrap/JB environment, which seems to break. That was a couple years ago, and have not dared to use front end editing again. If that's needed, I put them in Wordpress.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
We were initially using front end editing but ended up switching to back end with a custom template for the contributors, primarily because of the limitations of file management from the front end.
The only big thing I haven't been able to work around yet is that the editor defaults to displaying test in 10pt font and I want to display in 12 pt (the contributors don't have a choice, the font is 12pt by default on the website). I have added it to the editor.css but JCE still displays in 10pt. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
  • Klayton Kuzminski
  • 58 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers