Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Tips for styling a module or article

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone has some tips for me about how to master styling elements in modules and articles. Or perhaps some recommendations for further reading I need to do?

Firstly my template renders a <br> in the same way as a <p>...frustrating if you don't want lots of gaps throughout your articles.

Secondly if I create a <ul> (either using an editor or inserting html) my font size reverts back to the smaller size defined in my template (not the new size defined in my custom.css file). I am attaching a screen shot to illustrate this.

Thanks so much,

Julia

I am using the Base 3 theme.
Attachments:
  • Julia Booth
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 125 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sorry that should read:

If I create a <ul>
  • Julia Booth
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 125 posts
Hi Julia,

Do you have a link?

Using an editor to style html is a bit problematic so if possible I'd avoid doing that and instead use your custom css file

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Yes you have taught me this valuable lesson once before! I avoid using an editor to add styling at all costs. What about creating a list or a line break though?

I would like to use dot points on this site and also have some text separated by a line break not by an entirely new paragraph...

Cheers,
Julia
www.yourhorsepartnership.com
  • Julia Booth
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 125 posts
Hi Julia,

#grid10 ul li {font-size: 14px;}

Would apply to the specific grid row on the home page

Do you have an example of br and ul usage on main content area?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul,

Can I also apply that rule site wide?

Regarding the line breaks...what if I wanted a line break instead of a new paragraph. For example after ".....you will:"

A new paragraph seems to be the default rule when you are adding text via the editor.

Cheers,

J
Attachments:
  • Julia Booth
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 125 posts
Hi Julia,

Regarding the default adding of a paragraph that will depend on the editors configuration - this is the default for the JCE editor

You can change this to do nothing or add different html
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The rule I provided is just for that particular grid row - the front page is a little different

I'd suggest adding an unordered list to the main content (page other than home) and then post the link here

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers