Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

One Page Layout questions when not used on HOME menu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,
I want to use the One Page Features for a landing page and have the following issues.

What did I do:
I created a hidden menu (k2 item now, but was a k2 category before).
I assigned a copy of Base3 using the one-page feature to the menu and filled in the “menu” titles in the template backend.
I published modules accordingly assigning them to the menu item.

Issues/questions:
a) I do not want to use a category or item menu type since all content is in modules. However, when I try a different menu type the ONE PAGE feature is not triggered. So I used k2 items. Setting “Remove mainbody output from homepage“ to ON does not work which I understand, but would be nice to not have it limited to HOME only.

Thus, I need to know what is the reason for menu types triggering the ONE PAGE feature or not?

b) I filled in the ONE PAGE menu links. I left out Banner and Tabs links. The problem is that first, I got it working, but now the standard site menu is displayed (see screen).

What could be the reason? Is it because I left out e.g. TAB or it has to do with the menu item type?

Would be great if you could help me out with that.
Thanks
Attachments:
  • MaMuster
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by MaMuster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi,

I think at the moment you would need to create a new layout that doesn't contain the main content block.
I've attached an example you can compare to the all-positions.php file in the templates tpls folder.

The only reason I can see for the wrong menu to be showing would be a different template being applied to the menu item.
The template assignment should also work with any menu item type.

Is the site live so we can take a look?

Regards,

Rob
Attachments:
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers