Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Using k2 zenkit styles from sidewinder/moments on base3?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

How can I get the sidewinder or moments styling of the blog & tiles template applied on the base3 zenkit?

I am referring to the style where the audio or video file is displayed first, then the title etc.

I think I opened a post about cross usage of zenkit some time ago (www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=642&id=96337&Itemid=21).

As far as I understood the answer, it is possible - but how?

To explain the question a bit better: It's more about the setup of the k2 templates that JB follows and cross compability. Adding and coding a k2 sub template in general is no problem for me.

In particular I want to know if I can copy the files (k2 and css) cross template (since JB uses the same classe on all templates adding some k2 custom css template wise) or if it is less time consuming to code the k2 template by hand with individual template classes from the base3 template and style them then accordingly to the other templates.

Or in other words: What is k2 zenkit onboard and what comes template wise.

I hope I could explain it well.

thanks a lot
  • MaMuster
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Have you tried installing zenkit and using those template layouts?
I'm not as expert with zenkit but I believe the zenkits layouts should largely look the same on a JB template

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
No - I wanted to avoid trying it only finding out that it is not possible due to the way the Zenkit templates are set up.

I did, however, start to take a look on the Zenkit code on base3 for the filter layout (category_item.php).

One thing is striking me immediately: It seems that there is alredy the code (starting directly after the k2beforeDisplay plugin) for a media placement on top of the item container in relation with featured. I think this was described in some template release some time ago, but I could not find it and the zenkit changelog is gone.

Only that I cannot get it to work. I have media in the category item view on, the video is embedded and "show featured" is enabled in items and category settings.

Forum search gave one similar issue www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=654&id=96958&Itemid=215, unfortunately without a solution.

I think the best - prior to start coding or copying files around - would be to know if the media/image first then titel display is a general feature of zenkit. If so, how to get it to work.

Could you be so kind and ask around?
Thank you so much.
:-) best regards
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Hey there,

The featured template will place the image or video above the title or text if you use that template.

Hope that helps.

Also - finally got that theme out so you are first cab off the rank on Monday :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
All right - an update for everyone that tries to do the same:

a) Although it seems the code is already in zenkit, I did not spend time to figure out how to get it to work. Would be cool if it becomes a zenkit standard feature ;-)

b) I took the zenkit k2 template named “featured” from moments (components\com_k2\templates\) and copied it over to my base3 template.

It works like charm.
One has to do some CSS changes and adopt the audio player width if used with audio. The “featured” tag is shown, so you need some extra styling to get it off, since we only want the player in the top.

have fun

P.S.: Can someone set the post to solved and delete this line? Thanks
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Its ok the thread doesn't need to be marked solved - just as long as we are the last poster (so we know its resolved)

Thanks for the update on your solution :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers