Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Social Wordpress image missing

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there

Really enjoying working with Base3 template.

One small issue I've come up with is that I want to use the Zen Social images on one part of my site and need a Wordpress one. I notice you have an icon for it (in Icon Settings), but not an image (in Image Settings).

I've made one using a download from the Wordpress site, but because it isn't a solid grey like the images provided by Zen Social, it looks a bit the one one out.

Is it possible to get one consistent with the other images?

Thanks in advance

PF
  • PF
  • 12 Month basic
  • 17 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Could you attach the icon.image you want to use?

So I can take a look

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul

Thanks for getting back to me.

It's this Wordpress logo: s.w.org/about/images/logos/wordpress-logo-32.png

In addition to wanting it solid grey, I think it would be better without the drop shadow as it would then be consistent with the other social icons.

Here is where I want to place it (top right hand side):
dubai.directrouter.com/~cofaobzf/

Cheers
  • PF
  • 12 Month basic
  • 17 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by PF.
Wasn't really expecting a gradient :)

wordpress-logo-32v2.png

Not sure if this is better for you
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul

I greatly appreciate your efforts and the speed with which you responded!

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner - but when I installed your edited version of the icon, I found that it had strange little corners on it:

social-icons.JPG

So I had another attempt at creating the icon - thinking that getting a vector graphic would be better, I found this one:

File Attachment:

File Name: Wordpress-vector.zip
File Size: 125 KB

I've tried for the last two days how to generate a sharp icon - but all my attempts end up with a pixelated image that is not sharp.

Are JoomlaBamboo the creators of Zen Social? If so, I'm wondering if your graphic designer can create an image icon for Wordpress consistent with the other image icons.

It seems odd that there is an icon for Wordpress in Zen Social but not an image icon.

If JoomlaBamboo isn't the manufacturer of Zen Social, can you give me the contact details of the developer so I can ask if they will include it in their next release of Zen Social?

Thank you again for getting back to me so quickly.

PF
  • PF
  • 12 Month basic
  • 17 posts
Hi PF,

We are the manufacturers of the module - with that image you have you could make it a touch bigger to 24px by 24px but it doesn't really make it that much sharper

The image at around those size dimensions loses its sharpness - I'll a different version at 24px by 24px and with sharpening applied
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
wordpress.png

If not I'll ask the developer/designer for advice

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul

Thanks for that. If you look at all the other image icons in Modules/mod_zensocial/images/icons, you will see that they are all sharp. There's obviously a method for creating these icons, but I've not worked out how. Your graphic designer will find it an easy task.

Thanks of looking into it - I'm sure other users of Zen Social will appreciate it.

Regards

PF
  • PF
  • 12 Month basic
  • 17 posts
Hi

Just wondered is there a reason the font icons aren't suitable?
You can increase the font size and changed the styling using css e.g. change colour if required

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul

I just enabled the font icons as you've suggested and this certainly works, though the Wordpress logo is a bit pixelated as well because of the rounded edges. The other things is that it looks too small in comparison to the other icons:

icons.JPG

I compared it to the effect I got from the images and have decided that the images look better because I was able to custom size the Wordpress logo so it looks in proportion to the other images (rounded edges need to go beyond the edge of straight edges to look the same size .. strange optical querk). So I've decided to stick with the images after all. So you can see the comparison, here is what the images look like:

images.JPG

Thanks for your help

You've been awesome

PF
  • PF
  • 12 Month basic
  • 17 posts
Hi

No problem - good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers