Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

base3 use background image instead of color

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

this is probably a mundane question for some but i am still working on improving my css and programming skills. i am trying to change the background in base3 to an image but i can't seem to find the css where i can apply the background: url(...); tag

in other templates it can be more obvious with css such as html > body or specific containers where the color or texture is applied. In this template i am struggling to find the right spot to do this.

i tried adding the css below but this didn't do anything.

html > body {
padding: 0;
color: #fff;
margin: 0;
background: url(../../../images/image.jpg) center top;
}

i am trying to modify the css for the theme i am using for the design but no luck. Can you provide some direction on how or where i can accomplish this change?
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
i found the answer in templates.base3.less.bootstrap.less.css

i still don't quite get the hang of this less to css but working on it!
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
You need to add any changes to the custom.css file unless you are working in your own less files

otherwise any changes will be lost if you eithe compile or update the template

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers