Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Main Position problem

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I have a problem... Yesterday i configured a jbmap and a k2 article to show in [main] position in this page www.redlion-sassari.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85&Itemid=363 .
It was all ok and visible. Today i found "page navigation" in all pages (except for home and contact pages) without touching anything, the "content-page navigation" plugin was enabled...i disabled it but now in main position joomla show me the article i assigned to the menu to create the page...but not jbmap and k2 article assigned to that menu page and main position (enabled in template layout)...yesterday the articole (title article...the article is empty) was not showed...but map and k2 article were visible. What happened? I'm quite sure i did not touch anything....

thanks!

Mario
  • Mario Frongia
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 94 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Seems ok to me
Attachments:
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks
Hi Mario,

With it being k2 the settings will change to the settings either of the k2 category, k2 global setup or possibly the link

I'm not a 100% sure what you want the site to look like - normally I'd suggest checking the modules published and to what page and the template styles

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
mihha wrote:
Seems ok to me

yeah because in the meanwhile i moved up the main position in the template layout just under the logo and the menu position...then i set background:none in the css for the #mainWrap..... i can't understand why yesterday joomla articles were not visible in the pages and today they are.... and why main position was not working if below grids...
  • Mario Frongia
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 94 posts
  • 2 Thanks
paulus103 wrote:
Hi Mario,

With it being k2 the settings will change to the settings either of the k2 category, k2 global setup or possibly the link

I'm not a 100% sure what you want the site to look like - normally I'd suggest checking the modules published and to what page and the template styles

Cheers
Paul

one hour ago i did a test....i disabled all position in the template layout except for logo and menu....but article space was still there...with title (then i disabled title in global configuration...but blank space was still there)...i had to set background:none; and now article space is not visible even if it is still there....occupying space in the page....yesterday there was no article space...just modules. Sorry....maybe i cannot explain because of my poor english
  • Mario Frongia
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 94 posts
  • 2 Thanks
are you looking to have no content showing on a page other than the home page?

The space is the component / content area

You can hide the frontpage content area (using the layout tab)

I think the problem is perhaps either a different layout use which excludes the content area or the hide frontpage option has been enabled/disabled
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by manh.
paulus103 wrote:
are you looking to have no content showing on a page other than the home page?

The space is the component / content area

You can hide the frontpage content area (using the layout tab)

I think the problem is perhaps either a different layout use which excludes the content area or the hide frontpage option has been enabled/disabled

i'm looking to have no content other than modules, i don't want joomla articles created for menu to show... but nevermind maybe it's not possible... i was only surprised to see my site changed this morning..with that "page navigation" i didn't enabled....and jbmap disappeared and not working in main position. But it's ok now. Thanks Paul
  • Mario Frongia
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 94 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Right ok

If you hit more problems I think perhaps a ticket may be the best option

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers