Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Possible quickstart installation bug ?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have noticed that when you install quickstart and at the end of the process you don´t select install sample data, base3 template its not installed.

Its only happen to me ? Please check because if its a bug in the quickstart creation package this info can help you.

Best Regards.
  • Thomas Capape
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the post - this is what will happen with any Joomla Bamboo quickstart package

To get any quickstart to work sample data needs to be installed.

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ok, thanks for the info. Good to know. I am used to another templates that I am subscribed or have been subscribed like JoomlArt, GavickProor JoomlaXTC and haven´t that issue.

Anyway having the knowledge I will install the contents from now.

ONe question related. I am "developing" a site with base3 and I have created a lot of contentents and config a lot of extensions, but no base3 template due to that lack of info.

If I install now the template will work as if I have installed the demo contents ?
Or must I install another extensions or modify something ?
It will annoyance to start all again.

Best regards.
  • Thomas Capape
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
Installing template will give you just the template. You won't get the demo content. At this point, it is difficult and even impossible to insert demo content because demo content is written directly in the empty database and you have already content in the database so certain IDs and indexes has been already created
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks
Yes. I have learn the lesson.

Only like a curiosity. I installed the template in the quickstart installation without default contents and some extensions like zentools that show this way.

ZenTools-without-default-content-installed.jpg

All options are showed regardless the type of layout you select.

If the quickstart package with contents its installed all show nice.

Maybe it can be useful for you to know (if you don´t know yet)

Best Regards
  • Thomas Capape
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
This is normal layout in the latest version of ZenTools so nothing is wrong on your side regarding this
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers