Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

layouts .ini dubts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

In the corresponding .ini file inside layout folder can I add another classes apart from col-xx like visible-xx, hidden-xx or offsets pull and push ?

Its so, how its the syntax ? in the same quotes, in another line ?

Thanks and best regards.

Thomas C.
  • Thomas Capape
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Thomas,

No thats not possible without changing the core framework.

I would force the issue with css in the custom.css file.

eg
@media only screen and (min-width: 700px) {
// Enter rules here
}

That would be the best way to handle that.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Looks like tonight we disagree on some things.

I have tried and all of them work. For example:
[block1@mainbody]
lg="col-lg-2"
md="col-md-2"
sm="col-sm-12 hidden-sm"
xs="col-xs-12 hidden-xs"
position="sidebar-1"

Same for offset, pull and push

Problem its that they that I told you in other post, it seems that xxx.ini layout file resets everytime I do a change in the template backend config.

I am sorry but I work like beta-tester too and I have a magnetic attraction for damn bugs.

Best regards.

Thomas C.
  • Thomas Capape
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
Hmm ok but I guess it's not something that the layout tool adds so it's likely to get overwritten.

You can apply any classes there of course but if you then manipulate the layout in the admin and then save the layout it will overwrite that change.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Thomas,

I think you can do this with T3 without editing the ini files.

In the template layout tab, click on responsive layout and then the screen width you want to edit and toggle the modules on or off with the eye icon.
The ini file will then get saved like this
[block1@banner]
lg="col-lg-12"
md="col-md-12"
sm="col-sm-12"
xs="col-xs-12 hidden"
position="banner"

If you hide the positions for certain sizes then there is no need to use both hidden and visible classes.

You don't need the hidden-xs as the classes will only apply at the specific screen widths so only needs one css class rather than 4 'hidden'.

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Ok, thanks. Its not a bad solution, although don´t let me play with push and pull but I will survive overriding some stuff.

Lots of thanks and best regards.

Thomas C.
  • Thomas Capape
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
Good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi friend (with all the time I am wasting from you I consider you like a friend. If some day you arrive Spain, consider an invitation for a dinner.

OK, don´t know why (I am having lots of problems from I change t3bs3 blank templat to your base3. Sure its my fault but all that zen classes everwhere mislead me.

The actual situtation is: Modifing the layout.ini (futbolinesrejilla.ini) doesn´t work anymore.
Going to layout section in the template and in the responsive tab change the width (2 for sidebar and 8 for main doesn´t work. I do the adjust and when I save it reverts to 6 columns for sidebar and 6 columns for main.

ANy help please before madness take me away..

Best regards.
  • Thomas Capape
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
Hi friend (with all the time I am wasting from you I consider you like a friend. If some day you arrive Spain, consider an invitation for a dinner.

OK, don´t know why (I am having lots of problems from I change t3bs3 blank templat to your base3. Sure its my fault but all that zen classes everwhere mislead me.

The actual situtation is: Modifing the layout.ini (futbolinesrejilla.ini) doesn´t work anymore.
Going to layout section in the template and in the responsive tab change the width (2 for sidebar and 8 for main doesn´t work. I do the adjust and when I save it reverts to 6 columns for sidebar and 6 columns for main.

This in futbolinesval.com (same user and password that are in one my two tickets from a month ago).

ANy help please before madness take me away..

Best regards.
  • Thomas Capape
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
I think its best to update the ticket if you are still having problems

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers