Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Photoset for Home Panel

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'd love to use Photoset panel type for Home panel of your beautiful ProfilR. How to do it?
  • Ecky
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
That is a good question - I will need to speak to Anthony about this on Monday

At the moment don't think its possible

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The template is really cool. But I have a serious problem with bounce rate of the site. When I set fullscreen video for home page, bounce rate was almost 100% and an average visit lasted a few seconds. I assume people don't like video starting without pressing "play", perhaps they thought it's a kind of a commercial advertising or something. So I had no choice - I switched to "Image" panel type for home page. Bounce rate dropped to approx 86%, which is still very high but better than before, average time of visit went up to almost a minute. I tried a few different images with bounce rate staying the same at 80-90%. I believe I need something for the home page which is less modern than full movie, but a bit more interesting than just one image. A nice Photoset seems to be perfect for the job.
I would like to avoid switching to some other template because of the above "bounce rate reasons".
  • Ecky
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
Right thanks for the info we will have a chat about it tomorrow

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Any news on the subject...? :)
  • Ecky
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
Hi Ecky,

We won't be adding the photo set gallery as an option to the front page for this theme.

Bounce rate is a multi-factored thing really though and fullscreen video is not a completely new thing to the web. I'd be surprised if there weren't also other factors involved here. Bounce rate to me relates more to peoples expectations about the site they land on.

Also a one page site will likely have 100% bounce rate anyway unless you have other same domain links built into the site.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecky

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers