Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Logo

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,
Is it possible to place a Logo.png on the "Home Panel" - either via the profile side bar or as an overlay above an image placed on the "Home Panel"? I would need it because I would like the template for a photographer site.

Best wishes,
Michael
  • Michael Kuhlmann
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 33 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Micheal,

There is a template position available above the sidebar you could use to add an image

position is "sidebar above profile

You can see more on the docs page under the layout tab
docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/profilr-documentation

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks a lot! It works! However some settings for "Appearance" (Template settings) do not work. Altering side bar dimension setting or link color has no consequence... It seems to me that the template needs some revision ;-) I am currently on template Grid3 but can't await to switch to a fully functional Profilr. Or will there be a new version of the Grid theme?

Cheers
Michael

Cheers
Michael
  • Michael Kuhlmann
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 33 posts
Hi Micheal,

We seem to have missed those glitches - they will be fixed shortly

Grid3 is a stable template version so at the moment there isn't any plan to upgrade or re-style it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Michael,
Can you confirm you have the Zen Compiler plugin installed and published?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks, for the hint. However, it solved the problem only partially. For example, changing link color works now, but font size (not font weight) and side bar dimensions are still a problem. Hopefully there is a solution soon, 'cause in general the template is really awesome - or spoken in an adequate german expression: "Supergeil!" ;-)

Cheers,
Michael

P.S. Okay, I found now one mistake I did. If one changes the setting for side bar width, there has to be no space between the number and "px". However, this works not when I try to change the collapsed side bar width. :-(

...and changing the font size ist still a miracle, e.g. the font size of the "site title" within "profile details" remains rely small. Changing the font size of the base text in the side bare works.

Okay, I've just read in the documentary that the size of the collapsed side bar is not changeable, but only the threshold screen size when it should collapse. Sorry, for the confusion. However, the problems regarding font size/style of some items remains...
  • Michael Kuhlmann
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 33 posts
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Michael Kuhlmann.
Meanwhile I could further isolate the remaining problem. There seems to be a bug regarding the header style (h2, h3 etc.) after installing the Zen-compiling-tool. The header is displayed in relatively small font size which cannot be altered. I hope this information helps to solve the issue.

Cheers,
Michael
Attachments:
  • Michael Kuhlmann
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 33 posts
For the text - can you try

.panel-html-inner p {font-size:1.25em; line-height:2em}
.panel-html-inner h2, .panel-html-inner h3, .panel-html-inner h4, .panel-html-inner h5 {font-size: 2em; line-height: 2em;}

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you for the hint Paul. Meanwhile I've solved the problem by reinstalling the template. Anyway, it seems to me that it's really helpful to know some basics in CSS and HTML when using the Profilr theme ;-)
But in conclusion I must say this template is really awesome, simple and plain!
After setting up my website based ob Profilr (link will follow) I have two suggestions for a coming revision: (1) the possibility to ad further panels and (1) a footer menu in the side bar e.g. for company details and/or terms and conditions. What also could be improved is the scrolling behavior under certain window sizes.

Best wishes from Germany and again thank you for great support!

Michael
  • Michael Kuhlmann
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 33 posts
Hi Michael,

I'll pass on your feedback to the developer

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Fine, I'm looking forward to what will come ;-)

Cheers,
Michael
  • Michael Kuhlmann
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 33 posts
Anthony is away for a couple of days but will pass along your feedback

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you for the info Paul. Meanwhile I've found further small bugs in the profilr template which concern the behavior of the side bar.

1. Sometimes the side menu does not appear. This happens only when "collapsed side bar" is chosen for the respective panel in the template settings. Thus, the only option to further navigate then is to reload the site.
2. When clicking on the side bar menu items, they stay highlighted even when switching to another panel.

Please could you also forward this feedback to Anthony. Anyway, So, when he will return there is little work for him ;-)

Cheers,
Michael
  • Michael Kuhlmann
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 33 posts
Hi Micheal,

Can you create a ticket for the site?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers