Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Menu articles not showing.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

templateNoHome_2017-06-29.jpg

Ok I need to go back to the start

With this screen open as per your site
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
With Joomla you can have multiple different template styles and they can be assigned to different pages

It could be different languages or a template style which has a different layout or coding needed for particular pages

At the moment your New Lifestyle - Default has the star highlight meaning default template for the site
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
So you need to create a new template style

You can do this a number of different ways but I will just list one way to make this easier to follow

Click the square box input to the left of your template style

Then with it selected click the duplicate button (one of the four buttons above)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This will give you a new template style

Now with the new template style open you need to follow the steps I indicated previously e.g. create new layout, assignment, rename template style
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Took me a while but I finally caught on to what you were trying to explain and now my menu content is showing. Okay so that's solved but I have one small problem. I have a second menu in the 'Above Content' position of the default template. However it shows in the sub page template and it does not show well. I want it to show as it shows in the normal home page.

In the duplicated template for the other pages, the width of the 'Above content' is shared with sidebar 1 and sidebar2. In the Default Template, the 'Above content' uses the entire width and it has some style, etc. black background(which I did). How do I get this to be consistent in both pages, home and subpages.
Attachments:
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
Hi

I'd try and use the top4 position instead

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Okay, thanks. Issue resolved.
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
Cheers :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers