Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Hikashop 1064 MySQL Error - New Lifestyle Template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, Hope someone can help...?

I have installed the New Lifestyle Template including all default / required plugins etc...

I am trying to Edit default Hikashop Products that came with the New Lifestyle template but am getting the following error when saving any products I have edited:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 SQL=INSERT IGNORE INTO raw_hikashop_product_category (category_id,product_id,ordering) VALUES (2,3,3),(14,3,);

I cannot thwrefore add any new products or edit the defaults that came with the template... Any ideas pls?

Server Details:

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
Database client version: libmysql - 5.0.91
PHP extension: mysqli
Server type: MySQL
Server version: 5.6.26-log - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Protocol version: 10
Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
  • emkt
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 21 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Toby,

I'll check with the developers when they come on stream

sorry for the inconvenience on this one

Regards,
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With the error is it any product when you try and edit?

I just tried locally and it seems ok

Can you point me to a product in the quickstart that doesn't work

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
And it's the same error if you try and add new products?

Have you updated hikashop or anything else?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul - sorry for delayed reply!

its happening whether I try to Create a Product or Edit Existing 'Noir Style' that came with template.

When trying to enter same product, system tells me something like 'There's already a product with same code' - products (both created & edited) have been saved to db _hikashop_product table, so dbase is retaining product data...

Not sure if relevant, but I'm working on a shared 'reseller' server hosted by large UK hosting outfit, so could it be a MySQL setting blocked or turned off / syntax removed..? Their support has only pointed me to 3rd Party MySQL primer pages tho!

Havn't updated Hikashop, New Lifestyle JB Template or Joomla version (3.4.3) since initial install.

Latest Error SS attached. I have screenshots of the fields I filled in prior to item save / submsision if it helps?

Cheers...
Attachments:
  • emkt
  • 21 posts
Hi,

Can you please try reinstalling hikashop to see if that fixes the issue?

The error is related to mysql syntax so it shouldn't be affected by the hosting.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Thanks Rob - I uninstalled / reinstalled just the Hikashop Component (not all plugins, modules, etc) - and it works! Allows me to Create New Product / Edit Existing. Thanks.

However, when now trying to set Configuration, I'm getting the following warning msg:

The HikaShop user synchronization plugin has been either removed or disabled from the website. It is a critical part of HikaShop and should not be disabled if you're using HikaShop on your website.Please enable that plugin via the Joomla plugins manager and then logout/login from the backend.

When checking this in the PlugIn Manager, I can't see a specific 'user synchronization plugin', but can see the 'HikaShop joomla user account link plugin' which is already enabled - as per SS attached.

Is this the plugin that the msg above refers to? If so, what should be next steps as this is already enabled?

FYI, msg remains when I log out and then back in and try to access configuration.

Thanks,
Toby
Attachments:
  • emkt
  • 21 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by emkt. Reason: brief update
Hi Toby,

What version of Hikashop did you install?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
HikaShop Starter (as came with template) - from Hikashop website

Thanks
Toby
  • emkt
  • 21 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by emkt.
Hi,
I just tried installing the latest starter version and after installing the component it installed a system plugin 'HikaShop user synchronization plugin'.

If you don't see that in the list then maybe try installing again without first uninstalling to see if it adds the missing plugins.

I think it installs them from an external server rather than the plugins being included in the download package so it might be a connectivity issue with your host.

If that doesn't work, maybe ask on the hikashop forum if the plugins can be downloaded separately (Or you could try replacing the plugin files from the quickstart package).

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Hi Rob - many thanks for your advice - re-installing hikashop resolved the issues and installed missing plugins - although I had to manually enable user sync plugin. Could well have been issue with host. Really appreciate your & Paul's help & responses... Thanks!
  • emkt
  • 21 posts
Thanks for the update

Best of luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers