Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Ideal Size for Banner Slideshow Pics

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Me again. :) Is there an ideal image size for the pictures used in the banner slideshow on the home page of New Lifestyle? I perused zentools.joomlabamboo.com/specifying-image-sizes-based-on-screen-sizes, but to be honest, it was Greek to me. If there's a size and then corresponding image source settings to use, I'll set it and adjust my graphics accordingly. I did the QuickStart, but the preset settings keep making my pictures too large.

Here's the site: temp.nscprinting.com/

Thank you for your patience with me!
  • Janette Lange
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 14 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Right ok the article is referring to offering different sized images depending on the device - you aren't at this point yet.

When you say too large do you mean like the demo site so they stretch across most of the banner width as in too tall and wide?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
yes, though after I posted this, I at least made them small enough to be seen in their entirety, but I don't like how they don't fill the screen. Is there an ideal size and ideal setting to use? I'd like to be able to set it up and tell the client, "Make sure all your pictures are "this" size, and they've upload just fine."
  • Janette Lange
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 14 posts
First of all I'd try working with the quickstart settings and then alter the slideshow settings for max width and height

The settings are in theme magic > Grid tab

There isn't really an exact file size its more of try it and see how it looks

Cheeers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers