Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

A module inside an aritcle inside a Zentools module

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello Team JB,
I have a zentools slideshow module inside an article. I would like that article to also display inside a tab on my home page. The goal is static text and an 'active' slideshow in a tabbed container.

I can't get this to work. I've even tried using NoNumber modules anywhere. No luck. Is it impossible?

Thanks,
Pat
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Have you tried loading modules inside a module?
You will need to turn on prepare content

It does work when I try that using nonumber on lifestyle2

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks, Paul, can you remind me of where to find Prepare content inside the zentools module?
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Nevermind: just found it: On the Text tab I needed to select "Render Plugin" in the Plugin Behaviour in Content? dropdown. Now it works!
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Cool - nice one :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Just for other users if possible can you explain what you did in the end?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The goal was to put an article with a slideshow embedded in it inside a tabbed container on the home page. I did not want the text of the container to change: only the slideshow. If the text could change, I could have used a grid setup with categories, or articles, but I needed static text.

1. Create a zentools module with a slideshow layout. My image source is a directory. Publish to a made-up position name.
2. Create an article and embed the slideshow module in the article. I found it easiest to use NoNumber Modules Anywhere and embedded the module using ; 99 being the id of the module.
What is cool is that if you point to this article with a menu, you will see the slideshow there, too.
3. Create a zentools module with a Grid layout. I only put an image and text in the layout, and Content as Source. On the General layout tab, I chose only 1 for the Count. In the Joomla! source setting I chose "Item" and selected the article I created. In Text Options I allowed for a lot of text - 5000 characters because I wanted to show the whole article. And now, it worked because I set PLUGIN BEHAVIOUR IN CONTENT to RENDER PLUGIN. Without this setting, nothing worked.
On Grid settings tab I display only 1 image per row, and in Advanced Settings, I selected zentabs as the Module Style.

Hope this helps! :)
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Thanks a lot :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers