Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Margin on border & more class on JB Type layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,
I've an image with a float:left rule.
I can't give a margin or a padding to the border-bottom of the <h1> title which is next to the picture.

I tried to give margins (and padding) to the image and to the title but I've still the border of the title under the image. If I give the "float:left" rule also to the <h1> title, it no longer takes the full width of the page.
I really don't remember how to work around this problem… it's so basic :blush:

Here is the link to the page (bottom of page -> CatRescue: adoptez un chat!)

Another thing: is it possible to add more classes to the "JB Type" grid system? With the Bootstrap grid system I can add to the span class one more class like this: <div class="span12 myrule"> </ div>
How have the same result with JB Type?

Thank you
  • Lorenzo
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
… ok, I solved the problem of the border with just a "margin-left: 225px important!" :S :pinch: :whistle:
Remains the problem to how add one more class to the "JB Type" grid system.

Thank you
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
What are you looking to do with the extra class?

I don't think it will make any difference if their is a space between the two classes

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
What are you looking to do with the extra class?
...for better manage the breakpoints of the blocks on responsive design.

I don't think it will make any difference if their is a space between the two classes

...but if you use brackets for the grid system, how to add another class?
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Lorenzo.
Sorry that was a dim question - is there a reason you want to use the JB Type plugin syntax over the template support for spans (Bootstrap)?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
… for example: I have a layout in two columns with a unordered list which continues on the second column, I need to change the top margin for the display screens of the desktops, tablets and smartphones.
It would be easier if I could give a class directly to the second block instead of giving a class to the Custom HTML module and target the last block of the JB Type grid … :huh:
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
I don't think you can do this with the jb type syntax with it being a plugin you could only target the css it renders using its syntax

So you would be best using the template based spans from bootstrap if I'm following you right

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers