Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Disable Logo Text

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm trying to disable the Logo Text in this template but can't seem to find the "No Text/Logo" option. I've read through the documentation and forums and I have come up empty. In the template manager there is an empty space to the right of the "Logo Type" option. I have a strong feeling that there should be an "on/off" option in this empty space to disable the logo type.

Reference: screencast.com/t/fmIZmaFrLBx0

I'm also interested to learn how I can apply changes in the template manager a single time and have it update the entire site. Currently, as an example, i need to insert my new logo on the Front Page template and then do it a 2nd time on the Sub Page template for it to publish site wide. I'm sure there is a way that this only needs to be done 1x.

Jason
  • coachellen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 25 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
HI Jason,

If you are using v2.0.1 you should see an option to use image, text, both or none for the logo.

Unfortunately the logo is not a site wide setting so you need to update all of the template presets with your logo option. Annoying I know but the pay off is that there is extra flexibility when you need it.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I've exhausted my efforts looking through the template manager for this option. Attached is another screen cap of the options that are available to me. It appears that there may be a bug in the template as there is only a blank space where i feel this option should be.

The site is using T3
ScreenShot2014-02-08at10.14.41AM.png

If you could point me in the right direction to locate this feature to disable the logo text would be helpful.

Jason
ScreenShot2014-02-08at10.14.41AM.png
  • coachellen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 25 posts
Hi

Can you confirm the Joomla version so I exactly test this

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sure Paul, J3.2.1
  • coachellen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 25 posts
Reading through some of the other forum posts and this sounds like the same issue as "logo type" post. There is a reference to an update to fix the issue. Was the update released before over the past week / before Feb. 1? If so, where can it be found? If not, ...
  • coachellen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 25 posts
An update was released for this as 2.1

docs.joomlabamboo.com/changelogs/new-lifestyle-changelog
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
with 2.0.1 I have this as the logo settings

new-lifestyle-logo.jpg

Is this what you have?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
That's what i have now! Downloaded/installed the updated 2.0.1 template and all is well now. Thanks again for the rapid response - site is coming together nicely.

:cheer: Jason
  • coachellen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 25 posts
Thanks

Good luck with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers