Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Slideshow link won't direct to article

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm setting a new install of the New Lifestyle template and have run into some challenges.
The Homepage slideshow won't direct to the actual article. It seems to link back to the Homepage where all the content disappears from the slideshow. I noticed this is what is happening on the Live Preview demo as well.

Any help to properly configure this slideshow would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
  • coachellen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 25 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Right we seem to have made the classic mistake of pointing to an article which has no menu link

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/implementing-a-fix-for-menu-item-ids-in-joomla

this explains our mistake and how to fix it :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by manh.
Thanks for the quick response Paul. i referenced the link and followed the instructions. Good news is the links on the slideshow don't loop back to the Homepage again. Bad news is the article still doesn't publish. It loads the demo page with the "enter your email address" field on it.

Is there something else that i've missed?
  • coachellen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 25 posts
ah ok what layout are you using for this page if you open up the template admin layout tab?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'm using the New Lifestyle Front Page style. I've attached screen caps of the template manager page in case i've given you the incorrect info.

I also checked a few more link in the site and it turns out that every link in the site is actually linking to this same page - only module showing is the "enter your email address" field. So I can see there is definitely something misconfigured with this template and i'm sure it's a simple setting i can't seem to find.
Attachments:
  • coachellen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 25 posts
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by coachellen.
Can you try changing the layout used on every other page than the home page to default layout

The home layout should be assigned to only the home page

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
You nailed it. Thanks! That was the answer. I've never encountered that issue before - learn something new every day.
Isis is actually the default in my backend. I've got New Lifestyle - Front Page set for the Home page and New Lifestyle - Sub Page now set for all the others, but Isis has the golden start beside it for the default. The system won't let me change that. Either the NL Home or Sub can be set, but i can't deselect the Isis as a default. Everything looks like it's working now so hope things continue to work.

Cheers,
Jason
Attachments:
  • coachellen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 25 posts
Isis is an admin template so its different :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: coachellen

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers