Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Layout grid (module) width customization not available

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,

I am managing two different web sites, one is created with the template One Page, another with Zenbase. Both sites show the following error:

Since I updated my sites with the latest T3 framework version 3.6.5. it is not anymore possible to adjust the grid (module) positions and width in the template-menu under the tab "layout" (see printscreens).

There used to be a menu to assign the grid / module positions and amount of grids in one row, etc. per layout (see picture 03).

Could you help me please to make this feature available again?

I could give you as well a temporary superuser access, if it helps?

Thanks for your support and best regards,
Marc
Attachments:
  • MarkySparky88
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Marc,

Was there a particular reason you updated the t3 plugin?

Do you have a backup?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I needed first to reactivate my profile.

Backup did not solve the problem. Even when I took a backup which is more than one month old, before the problem occured.

The reason I've updated the T3 plugin is to be (always) up to date with the extensions due to security reasons, etc.

I've found another forum article from Joomlart which is describing exactly my problem, but I couldn't solve the problem with the solutions described there..
www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/help-missing-layout-in-template-manager/

I could give you a temporary super-user account if it helps to look once into the administrator panel?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Marc
  • MarkySparky88
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately with the T3 plugin so many changes are made to it that we suggest members don't update to the latest versions

I'm not aware of any security issue regarding updating to a specific T3 plugin version - do you have any information in this regard?

What T3 plugin version number do you have installed and what template version numbers are installed?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Alright, haven't known about the fact that T3 updates are causing so much problems. But in this case I won't update T3 in future..

It was just a general thought that it would be a good idea to keep all extensions up to date everytime, there was no specific security reason to update T3 in this case.

Version numbers:

Project 1: www.salon-clown.ch
Template: One Page 1.4.1
T3 framework plugin 2.6.5

Project 2: www.zimmerei-preisig.ch
Template: Zenbase 1.2.5
T3 framework plugin 2.6.5

Is there any possibility to define the span width of a module manually without this layout manager available? This would help already a lot..

So normally I have just one module per line and this module should have the span width of 12 columns and not 3 as it is now..

Thanks,
Marc
  • MarkySparky88
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
Hi Marc,

It isn't, unfortunately, possible to assign a width

This can be a few things but normally it means there is an issue with the t3 plugin - I'd suggest down grading to the version found on the particular template download page

We found the T3 plugin updates a problem both in frequency, time of release and unexpected features added or adapted so we drew a line in the sand so to speak

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkySparky88
Ok, I see.

In this case I'm going to downgrade the T3 plugin again or rebuild the entire site with a newer template maybe. They anyway need a little brush up..

But nevertheless thank you for your hints and support!

Cheers
Marc
  • MarkySparky88
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
Thanks Marc,

With our latest templates based around buildr there are newer versions of both templates

demo.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?theme=apr16

If you look under the home link dropdown
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
To be clear these both use a new framework so you would need to move content around to different positions

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
And have a great weekend

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers