Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

URLs have a mind of their own!

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

This one has got me stumped...
All of sudden, when I create a menu item, the URL contains "K2-information", no matter what component I'm using. So as an example, on a brand new menu with no parent menu, I create a menu item for a Joomla article called TEST. My url is then mysite.com/k2-information/test

It has done this for Breezing forms, Joomla articles, etc. This is a VERY simple and straight forward site with very few components, though obviously it has K2. I first went to the K2 forum and they said that it is impossible for K2 to interact with other components that way and that it must be with the template.

here is an example

sharonrizzo.com/k2-information/research

Any thoughts??
  • Douglas Rost
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 152 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Do you have any sef url extensions, any changes to htaccess files?, have you tried swtiching to a default template

I'd recommend if possible using the responsive2 template over onepage if you need multi page functionality - look similiar but responsive 2 is more recent and flexible
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Also re the template try changing the template to a default template to test
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers