Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

modules and SEO

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all

I would like some advice with regards to modules and SEO. I am currently working on a project with the inMotion template. Within this template there is an option to use the one-page design which is primarily module driven for main content. If using the usual article format you can add meta tags and page titles etc. What options do I have with a module only template with regards to SEO?

Thanks in advance

Martin
  • martincar44
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 35 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Martin,

Thats a big question that requires a bit of research but the quick answer is that it depends.

Matt Cutts had mentioned this a few times and this article might give you a quick overview:

www.webpronews.com/matt-cutts-on-googles-handling-of-single-page-sites-2013-03

My sense is that if it's the kind of site that is suited to a one page layout then google wont penalise you.

Otherwise seo is the same as per your normal site - eg modules add to your content and the usual h1, h2 tags and on page content add to the seo weight of the page.

Hope that helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers