Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

zentools slideshow broken after update

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello! I updated my own site to latest joomla and zentools would not display. I updated php to 5.6 then installed latest zentools, everything fixed itself except the zentools slideshow, which is acting very odd, on this page it shows one of 3 slides only and on home page, none,

I took screenshots of all my settings and tried disabling javascript, plugins etc, nothing helped
www.iwebresults.com/business-services/design-marketing/search-engine-optimization

iwebresults.clarify-it.com/d/427fvd screenshot of all slideshow settings in one file
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

You installed the file JB_mod_zentools_J3+_1.14.1?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Looking at the site - it does seem to be broken at the moment with 404's on all js and css files
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul, yes I installed the latest zentools from downloads area. Here is a screenshot of templates/js, not sure why 404s or how to fix, do you think it could be permission problems, all 644, www.screencast.com/t/BbrO58Fisgp
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Have you checked with the host?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul, thanks for taking the time to help me with this, can you tell me how you determined that js and css are throwing 404s, I just visited the files in the screenshot I sent above, they are live, not sure what to ask my hosting? Do you think I am missing js files, not shown in the folder. I can redownload template and check in js folder.
files are live here
www.iwebresults.com/templates/nebula/js/template.js
www.iwebresults.com/templates/nebula/js/template-ck.js
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
This is what I see

404s1.jpg
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
bootstrap.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
template.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
off-canvas.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
template-responsive.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
zentools.min.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
system.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
megamenu.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
megamenu.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
megamenu-responsive.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
megamenu-responsive.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
custom.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
mootools-core.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
core.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
k2.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery-noconflict.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery-migrate.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
caption.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
bootstrap.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
script.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
off-canvas.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
menu.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
responsive.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery.equalheight.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
zentools.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery.flexslider.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery.easing.1.3.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery.liquid-slider-custom.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
template.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
logo-final2_03.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery-noconflict.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
story.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery-migrate.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
caption.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
buyer.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
bootstrap.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
iphone.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
/plugins/editors/jckeditor/typography/typography2.php Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
off-canvas.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
script.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
menu.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
responsive.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery.equalheight.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
zentools.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery.flexslider.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
search-engine-optimization:40 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at search-engine-optimization:40
/templates/system/css/system.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery.easing.1.3.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
/templates/nebula/css/custom.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery.liquid-slider-custom.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
template.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
search-engine-optimization:355 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at search-engine-optimization:355
search-engine-optimization:413 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at search-engine-optimization:413
search-engine-optimization:734 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at search-engine-optimization:734
typography2.php Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
template.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
bootstrap.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
bootstrap-responsive.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
font-awesome.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
template-responsive.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
off-canvas.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
zentools.min.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
system.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
custom.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
At the moment you are missing every file js and css file

Do you have a backup?

But I would check with the host as well

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I do have a backup, but the files are there, they are just not loading for some reason, I can search more in google.

/templates/nebula/css/custom.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

here is the file with path copied directly from 404 Not Found
www.iwebresults.com/templates/nebula/css/custom.css
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Have you checked with the host?

I'd test the backup on a localhost to see if the backup works

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks again for your help Paul, very odd thing happened, I replaced htaccess and went to Chrome to look at Console and it is fixed in Chrome, but not firefox and IE(I am unsure if it was ever broken in Chrome so the htaccess replace might not have done anything) .

I really don't want to replace with backup because I have made changes to site, if anyone else has an idea of a way to get to the bottom of the 404s when files exist, ie a simple fix.

From what I read its either paths or permissions with 404s.

Thanks again for your insight, lets see if anyone else has an idea?
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Have you replaced with the default joomla htaccess?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I just uploaded a fresh htacess, no change in firefox, what is odd is how slideshow works in Chrome and I do have my styles in firefox, just cant get the zentools slideshow to work, maybe I should just find a new slideshow plugin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Hi Again,

The slideshow on this page

www.iwebresults.com/business-services/design-marketing/search-engine-optimization

is working for me in firefox and Chrome

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul! Amazing, my firefox is stubbornly caching the broken version, when I went on another computer I can see the slideshow, thank thank thank you!!
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Caching is odd on browsers - I find Chrome only works when I use shift F5 - for a while till I started doing that every time it drove me nuts

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers