Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Issue with Simple Image Gallery

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,
just installed Nebula Quickstart template local for testing on my Mac and I have an issue with Simple Image Gallery (from JoomlaWorks) plugin.

I want to show some Pictures in different categories to filter it by category and tags. Therefore I used Zentools Grid pointing to the items with lightbox.

When I create a menu item to the article item which includes the code {gallery}testfolder{/gallery}, the gallery is shown in the content. But when I create a Zentools module which points to the item it only shows the lightbox with the shortcode {gallery}testfolder{/gallery} in it. Just for testing I added one more article to the module and this works fine. Just see the attached screenshots. I spent the hole day for this issue and now I have no idea anymore. Just tested it with Simple Image Gallery Extended (from Kubik-Rubik) it was the same and Phoca Gallery didn't work too.

I would be prepared to by Simple Image Gallery Pro but I want to be sure, that it works with it before bying.

Im using Nebula v. 1.4.2, Joomla 3.3.1 (not updated the included Quickstart Core, PHP 5.4.10, jb_library is enabled.

Thanks in advance
Bildschirmfoto2015-01-19um00.36.37.png

Bildschirmfoto2015-01-19um00.36.48.png

Bildschirmfoto2015-01-19um00.36.58.png
  • Sabine Fessl
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there

So the issue is the plugin is not rendering in the lightbox?
If so try turning on render plugin in the zentools options

I don't think I've heard of anybody trying with this particular extension

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks, turned on render plugin. N
Bildschirmfoto2015-01-19um09.07.12.png

Bildschirmfoto2015-01-19um09.07.04.png

ow the pictures are loading but they are under the picture thumbnail in a row and when I click on one picture the lightbox opens.

I just want to display the item picture or the first picture pointing to all others in the article.

Is there any other picture gallery plugin to use?
  • Sabine Fessl
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 5 posts
Hi

Do you have a link for the page? I'm not quite following you a 100%

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
No, it's a local try out installation .... but I solved the problem now. I used another gallery plugin (SIGE) and this works fine.

The best hint was "turning on render plugin in the zentools options".

Thank you!

Bildschirmfoto2015-01-19um12.27.30.png

Bildschirmfoto2015-01-19um12.27.16.png
  • Sabine Fessl
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 5 posts
Glad I helped :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers