Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Trouble with JCE Editor, Editor Features Don't Show

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I respect that this may not be a template issue. I have installed Nebula for Joomla 3.0 quick start. It is up and running, but I cannot see the editing features of JCE. TinyMCE editing tools are revealed OK, but for JCE, nothing. No type control, no image control, none of the JCE editing icons present on any content editing window, both articles and custom HTML modules. I have re-installed and running the latest JCE version. What could cause this?

casey.stanbond.com
  • Stanton Bond
  • Free Extensions
  • 518 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Can you install the most recent version of the template and attach a screenshot of the editor if you are still having problems

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Good thought Paul. I re-installed the template, and JBType and JCE to no avail. Have attached screenshots. One is the absence of any editing features I'm seeing with JCE and the other is the normal editing features of TinyMCE.
Attachments:
  • Stanton Bond
  • Free Extensions
  • 518 posts
You have JCE assigned in the global config right?

or if there are several users the relevant user has JCE in their user setup?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Good thought, but the user settings are correct, Global is driving the editor selection. I am seeing some odd behavior in the User Manager, an error 403 when I attempt to make changes/updates to my user for example. Perhaps this is a clue. I have re-installed Joomla 3.2 just to make sure the Joomla install wasn't the problem. Also re-installed JCE and JBType.

The website is now indicated in the admin view that a new version of T3 is available.
  • Stanton Bond
  • Free Extensions
  • 518 posts
Regarding T3 safest is to stick with the version indicated on the template download page or ask us

Any errors on the database - if you check it via extension manager?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I think I did break the editor once by adding code to the wrong field in the JCE configuration - anything odd in there?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul, your last comment about the JCE Configuration was right on the money. I've no idea why, but the user group configurations were not correct. I matched them to settings for a site where JCE does work fine and voila!

Your comments helped me work through the issue, thank you!
  • Stanton Bond
  • Free Extensions
  • 518 posts
No problem

cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers