Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Add Custom Copyright

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Everyone,

I've just re-launched a website for a client using the Nebula Theme and I am having difficulty simply adding a Custom Footer so that it automatically pulls in the current year copyright date (dynamic) and the Site Owner's name. I have placed the info in the "Add Custom Copyright" but I'm not succeeding. This is once again a slight learning curve for me.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Steve
  • Steve
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 562 posts
  • 8 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Steve,

Might want to give this non-commercial extension a go;
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/content-infos/credits/15482
Showing that it is only Joomla 2.5 ready but it will install and work in Joomla 3.x without issues.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Steve,

If you use this extension there is a slight adjustment you may want to add within the mod_abiviaautocopy.php module file.

Original code:
echo str_replace($replace, '©' . $thisYear, $pattern);

Replace with:
echo str_replace($replace, '© ' . $thisYear, $pattern);

This adjustement will add a space between the copyright symbol and the copyright year.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Thanks Ed for the direction. I typically use the Joomla Footer and edit it but since the opportunity is there to add the info in the Template set-up I was hoping to do that. My problem arises in coming up with the correct code for pulling in the year and the site.

For instance, I currently have:
Copyright &copy; <?php echo date("Y") ?>.  <?php echo site_name;?>

I have the copyright symbol but nothing pulled in for date and site_name. Would this be the correct code or might I be missing a prefix to the date?
  • Steve
  • 562 posts
  • 8 Thanks
Steve,

The only way I am able to get this to work is by editing the footer.php file (templates/nebula/tpls/blocks/footer.php). Every type of HTML coding that I put into the template's Custom Copyright box did not work.

Ed

p.s. please remember... if you edit the footer.php file it MAY get wiped-out and replaced when you do a template upgrade.
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers