Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Best possible position of Language Switcher in Nebula Template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi!
Could anyone give advice for positioning language switcher in Nebula template.
Best place would be somewhere in main menu line, to make switcher flags always visible.
My previous attempt was in Nebula category, in Joomla Bamboo Template club, I can't access the topic. Sorry for the mess.
Thank you.
  • guzhov
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 14 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

no problem - I should have checked your membership status - this affects forum access

I've not tried adding the language switcher to a drop down and I don't think its possible to have this as a top level menu item unfortunately

With Nebula template there isn't a series of positions available above the Menu either so that leaves using a grid position for the home page and perhaps using the sidebar-2 for the rest of the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Is there any customization possible? For example to place language switcher instead of "+" sign (drop down panel button) in the up right corner.
  • guzhov
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 14 posts
Last Edit: 10 years 5 months ago by guzhov.
Its a module so you could load it inside the panel using a panel position but not to replace the "+" sign

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,

I've just had a quick look at the template files.

There is a top block but it's not included in the layout file, so you can try this.

In the template manager save your layout as a new name eg customlayout

Then go to the templates tpls folder and open your new layout file customlayout.php

In that file, just above
<?php $this->loadBlock ('nav') ?>

add
<?php $this->loadBlock ('top') ?>

That should then give you 4 top positions above the navigation. By default top1 top2 top3 top4

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Thank you, Rob!
I have to try it later today.
  • guzhov
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 14 posts
Good look with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I tried to do so. It really brings four Top positions above the main menu line.
But it also adds white line and makes something with menu, that it goes up with scrolling. I guess, adding "Top" positions will bring together a lot of additional corrections.

Aleksandr.
  • guzhov
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 14 posts
Hi Aleksandr,

Yes there will be some css editing to be done as the template was produced without those positions in mind.

You can try opening the top.php file in the blocks folder and removing the classes or styling them yourself.

Another option would be to edit the panel.php block and swap the trigger for a module position you could add the switcher to.

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers