Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

I want to have hyphen in image name zentools directory

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi! with zentools the only way I can seem to get the lightbox to open the larger version of an image is to use directory as image source, but then the titles are pulled from the image names. So I thought I found a way around that by naming the images the actual domain names of the images, but the domain names with hypens get truncated. Is there a way to force zentools to display the hyphen. See the example, two of the images justice and peony got titles truncated, threeleafdesign.com/index.php/portfolio#
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I'm afraid the hypens are used in zentools to help manage the file names so thay can be used in titles - don't think there would be a way round that

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi - I have the same issue, with an artist wanting to use hyphens in the image name:
"what if we want to have a hyphen in the title, such as Post-Occupation or in a description such as hand-carved relief on panel?"

Is there any possibility to change the character that is used to separate the filename from the numbers when ordering?

(I know you said it's not possible, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. Just more frustration with the whole image caption thing!)

Thanks,
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Melody,

You can change the separator used to create the space in the image settings panel in the module.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

It's not the space character - it's specifically the hyphen (dash) that I would like to use (I usually use an underscore as the space character, as that usually isn't part of an image title).

If I insert a hyphen into the middle of an image caption, everything after the hyphen does not appear, as that is the character that has been set up to separate the numbers when ordering the images. There doesn't seem to be a way to change that in the image settings panel.

Thanks,
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Melody,

Sorry about that - I thought we had added that option.

Ive just uploaded v1.11.1 which adds a new delimiter option so you can now specify something other than - to delimit the file names.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Wow - wonderful! You guys rock.

Thanks,
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks Melody!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers