Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Problems with 2 language site and main menu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I'm currently using Nebula, with Joomla 2.5, to redo an existing site .

I've hit a weird problem which may be more to do with language management than the template, but no idea what's going on.

I've got the french and english sites set up, both use a separate copy of Nebula so that the main menu can be attributed to each language.

Recently each time I save a slight change to a menu item in one language, it stops the sub-menu items showing in the other language. All I have to do is save a menu in that faulty language (which fixes submenu item problem) then I go back to original language and the sub menu items have disappeared again!!??

Any ideas what's going on?

here is a link to the work in progress (french is the more complete part, I've left the english side with the problem)

edgeneve.ch/

Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sean,

Do you have the latest version of T3?

There were some oddities with the previous versions but the latest version should fix it.

Otherwise to view languages I think you may need to visit the language you want to view on the front end in the browser. eg to edit the english language make sure the English language site is active in the browser.

I had thought this had been fixed (If its the same issue) so let me know what you find.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I was indeed using an old T3 version, updated now to 1.4.1 and at first glance it seems to have rectified all the menu problems.

I will let you know if anything else crops up but apparently it did the trick.

Many thanks Anthony.

Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks for letting us know

Good luck with the rest of the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers