Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Proportional Columns on responsive layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hy,

I would like, in responsive layout, each column to have a proportional width. Until now, my blog has fixed width (leschapeauxdesego.com/site_joomla/index.php/blog). As you can see, if you resize the page, the number of column changes, but the width stays at 400 px for screen width superior to 970 px,

I think i would have to rewrite media queries in template-responsive.css, but i'm not very good in css... If I define a proportional width, how can i define the absolute position for each article?

Thanks.
  • Goyet
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 13 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I'm a little unclear what you mean

The column width is 400px but goes from 3 columns to 2 to 1 - are you asking is it possible to stick to 3 columns?

The template also uses js to control the page

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hy,

I'll try to be more precise...
There are 3 columns, no problems. But the width of each column is set to 400 px. How can I do to set it up at 33,3% for 3 columns, 50% for 2 and how can I set the position of the 2nd and 3rd column (the offset will now depend on the wrap's width (in %))?

Thanks
  • Goyet
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 13 posts
Hi there,

Sure thing.

In your custom.css file if you add the following you can control that:
@media screen and (max-width:1280px) {
#zen-packer .item2 {width:48%}
}

then you would write for small resolutions like this:
@media screen and (max-width:900px) {
#zen-packer .item2 {width:40%}
}

etc

Hope that helps.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers