Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Updating T3 for J2.5 moments

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi JB

I hope that this is a suitable follow on...

After running some recommended updates in my Joomla! site (now v2.5.18), which included T3 updates, my website has lost it's stylesheet and I am unable to repair it, despite trying various re-installations of the template, T3 system and fiddling with the JB Library plugin.

Current T3 versions: note.io/1oX905t

Incidentally, we recently upgraded our webserver's PHP from 5.3 to 5.4

See www.sling-shot.co.za/

(site is currently offline, but I shared access details with you for this website previously.
  • Sean Grant
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Would you have shared details via a ticket?

When you say lost the stylesheet - which particular css file are you referring to?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes - here's the ticket: www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_rsticketspro&view=ticket&cid=9526&Itemid=206

The default Moments stylesheet is not displaying properly.
  • Sean Grant
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
My first thought would be to disable all compression

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
There is NO compression enabled...

Checked Template & AdminTools - not aware of any other compression scripts that are active...

I am seeing these errors in Chrome's Inspector;

body.scrollTop is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollTop' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollTop' only if in quirks mode.
body.scrollLeft is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollLeft' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollLeft' only if in quirks mode.
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.

And when I try to Compile LESS to CSS, I see this notice;

Compile LESS to CSS failed

exception 'Exception' with message 'parse error: failed at `@hidemainmenu: ;` line: 1970' in /home/slingsho/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php:3258 Stack trace: #0 /home/slingsho/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(2130): lessc_parser->throwError() #1 /home/slingsho/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1651): lessc_parser->parse('//?// Variables...') #2 /home/slingsho/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/legacy.less.php(284): lessc->compile('//?// Variables...') #3 /home/slingsho/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/lessphp/legacy.less.php(557): T3Less->compileCss('templates/momen...', 'templates/momen...') #4 /home/slingsho/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/action.php(63): T3Less::compileAll('') #5 /home/slingsho/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/action.php(40): T3Action::lesscall() #6 /home/slingsho/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/core/t3.php(162): T3Action::run('lesscall') #7 /home/slingsho/public_html/plugins/system/t3/t3.php(109): T3::checkAction() #8 [internal function]: plgSystemT3->onAfterRoute() #9 /home/slingsho/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php(71): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #10 /home/slingsho/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php(161): JEvent->update(Array) #11 /home/slingsho/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/application.php(642): JDispatcher->trigger('onAfterRoute', NULL) #12 /home/slingsho/public_html/administrator/includes/application.php(106): JApplication->triggerEvent('onAfterRoute') #13 /home/slingsho/public_html/administrator/index.php(40): JAdministrator->route() #14 {main}

Style successfully saved
Cache cleaned (26.7KB)
Style successfully saved
  • Sean Grant
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
I see this

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="www.sling-shot.co.za/index.php?fetchcombinedfile=css-61520b0d311f0297b757fb4a7a572075" />

"text/javascript" src="www.sling-shot.co.za/index.php?fetchcombinedfile=js-d7aabb4a0f42864ac4ab9b207a117d55"

Compressing both css and js files

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I have NO idea where that is enabled....

Would you mind logging into my website and seeing if you can find the culprit?

Alternatively, any other ideas, Paul?
  • Sean Grant
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
You have htaccess on the admin at the moment and I can't see any access info on the ticket

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry - I found the source and disabled it

AdminTools;

Combine JavaScript and CSS

And the site returns to normal again!!

You are a genius, Paul...

Many thanks.
  • Sean Grant
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
No problem

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry, one issue that I've just noticed @ www.sling-shot.co.za/ :(

Since these latest updates the ZenTools module in the Grid1/5 position is not displaying full width, as it should.

I have checked that there is only one module set to display in the template layout for this position and cannot see any CSS errors via Inspector.

There are these errors (may be unrelated);

body.scrollTop is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollTop' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollTop' only if in quirks mode.
body.scrollLeft is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollLeft' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollLeft' only if in quirks mode.
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.

Thanks.
  • Sean Grant
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
Ok, I got it working by adjusting the JB Library settings, which I must have changed while troubleshooting the issue. :lol:

Now it's just the Filters that are not working...

Should be;
- All
-- Drupal
-- Joomla
-- WordPress

Filter is Enabled and I have selected the Courses category as the Active Category.

What am I missing?
  • Sean Grant
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
OK - discovered these errors via Inspector;

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'msie' of undefined jquery.isotope.ie8.min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'msie' of undefined template.js:78

Disabled JB Library - IE8 Warning but am still seeing the errors mentioned above...?

Any ideas?

How do I resolve the other errors? (see above)
  • Sean Grant
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
If you disable the jquery being loaded by zentools does that work?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
No, that did not work, entirely..

The ZenTools Filter is now missing, although the module is displaying full width.

FYI: "Clients who have worked with Slingshot" - also a ZenTools module on the same page (carousel) is also not working properly, displaying all the images instead of a carousel.

Please could you advise - what are the correct JB Library settings for this template, as I cannot find a combination that works, despite trying various settings.

I have disabled the Skype button and the Zopim Chat, which both use scripts, however that has also not resolved the issue....
  • Sean Grant
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Sean Grant. Reason: corrected a spello, added additional info...
Think its best if you open a fresh ticket

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks. I have done so, re-opening an old ticket that includes all the access details for the site;

MIGRATION FROM JB HIGHLINE TO MOMENTS FAILED AND UNABLE TO REVERT
SUPPORT-A382B08B9A @ www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_rsticketspro&view=ticket&cid=9526&Itemid=206

I look forward to your support there...
  • Sean Grant
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 71 posts
Right we do prefer it if you open up a new ticket for a new issue like this rather than add to an old ticket

I'll take a look

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers