Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

can't get css edits to work

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm tweaking the left nav bar in the Moments template. I've successfully changed the colours, but also want to remove the top and bottom lines for both the left and above-left modules, and the menu

Firebug removes the lines if I remove these two lines of border-code:

#left .moduletable, #above-left .moduletable, #off-canvas-nav .moduletable {

border-bottom: 1px solid #F0F0F0 !important;
border-top: 1px solid #FFFFFF !important;

But when I change this exact code in the css doesn't remove the lines. I've changed the in css/themes/pinkorange/template.css - first changing border to 0 (didn't work), commenting out whole line (didn't work), deleting whole line (didn't work).
Then I also tried changing the borders code in #navwrap and #navigation .logo, still no change.
So, I also changed code in these three locations in css/template.css too, but to no avail.

Totally can't figure where the lines are coming from!

Thanks for any ideas on where else to change code!
  • AnnaP
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 39 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
...don't worry ...now the lines have gone. I refreshed endlessly, but seems the time lapse has worked some sort of magic :)
  • AnnaP
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 39 posts
Right cool :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
...However, just trying to make some other tweaks, and they aren't working either.

Do changes need to be made in both the css/theme/pinkorange/template.css as well as the css/template.css?

Hard to figure where to make the changes when firebug says source is one place, but changes need to be made in multiple places ... any way to sort this more quickly than search and trial?
  • AnnaP
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 39 posts
actually neither

You need to overide styles in the custom.css file and also add new styles to the same file

With the custom.css file last of the template css files to be displayed in the css file stack any style that is exactly the same in the custom.css and the template.css will see the custom file style rendered as its last

Its a bit of convoluted sentence so hopefully that was understandable

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
To clarify you shouldn't change/add any css other than in the custom.css file

It is protected from being overwritten if you update the template and other files css can be affected/wiped if you re-compile them

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul!
I didn't know that - but a much safer, easier and efficient way of tweaking.
Thanks again!
  • AnnaP
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 39 posts
No problem

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers