Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools Slideshow Flat in Grid3 not showing on non-menu pages

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi. I installed the quickstart Grid3 (joomla v3) and everything is beautiful. Have been able to figure out everything I want to do except for a few things (will post the other questions separately).

I can't get the Zentools Slideshow Flat module to display on the pages that are not assigned in a menu. The module (displaying the horizontal images across the top of the page) only shows up on all pages that are linkable from a menu. I only see an option when I go into the module to assign it to menu pages (currently set on "on all pages"), but I have some articles that are not menu items and when I click on one of those articles, the horizontal image across the top is blank (black/gray).

If you go to the home page or any of the links from the menu items, you'll see the module fully functional (slideshow images across the top): www.treefranklyn.com. I would like these images to show up on the single Article pages too, that are clickable from any of the images in the home page grid.

Here's an example. From the home page, click on the first image in the grid (title is "The Inevitable Experience of You" ). It takes you to this:

www.treefranklyn.com/index.php/component/content/article?id=75&Itemid=

This is where the module does not work. You'll see blank gray image across the top.

However, if you go to the "Musings" menu item, scroll to the bottom of that page and click on the same article title, it takes you to this:

www.treefranklyn.com/index.php/musings/75-the-inevitable-experience-of-you

Same article and the module does work here. The reason is because it's linked from a menu item .I created a category blog layout menu item ("Musings") and put all my articles in that category, thinking I could then have an itemID to use in the naming convention of the images on the home page (that link to the articles), but it doesn't seem to work for the single articles that are linkable from the home page grid. If I put the itemID # of the Musings menu in the naming convention for the image, I get a 404 error. If I leave it blank, it goes to the article as mentioned above:

www.treefranklyn.com/index.php/component/content/article?id=75&Itemid=

Without having to create a new hidden menu for each single article (I plan on having a new article daily and that will just be overkill to do it that way), is there another way to do it?

I'm sure it's an easy fix but I'm just missing a vital step somewhere. Hope this all makes sense! Thank you for your help!
  • freelytree
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Not quite sure I'm following but all articles need a menu link to load be it a category or article link

Then for modules to work they need menu links to display on be it a category, article or component links

Is the issue that you want to point to articles from a directory and it gives 404 errors?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul. Sorry, I gave waaaay too much information and it got confusing.

In a nutshell... on the home page (www.treefranklyn.com), when you click on an image in the grid, it takes you to an article (for example: www.treefranklyn.com/index.php/component/content/article?id=75&Itemid=). On that article page, the Zentools Slideshow Flat module does not appear. How do I get it to appear like it does on the home page? (the module is currently set to appear "on all pages").

Is that better? Sorry for the TMI! :) Thanks for your help!
  • freelytree
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
Yes thanks :)

but how are you loaded the articles from the front page grid as that should give a itemid

How you are loading them?

Using a directory, content, external links etc

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul. I figured it out! :) I was using a directory as a content source and used the naming convention as described in these instructions:

zentools.joomlabamboo.com/setup/directory

All I did was add the itemID after creating a menu for it and now all the photos link to a menu page where the Zentools Slideshow works!!!

Thank you so much!!! :)
  • freelytree
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
No problem :)

Not sure I helped much :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers