Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Image display problems

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have finally got all the content into the site and I'm now trying to fix various display things. First off is this:

The pictures on my pages are larger than those I uploaded (file size). This is even happening when (in the zen tools module) I set image resize options to not resize images. Even when it was shrinking them down the file size was increasing. If you look at the 2nd image down on this page (broken old bell mechanism) this is 269kb, but the actual picture is 130kb. www.bcmsteeplejacks.co.uk/joomla/index.php/case-studies/holy-trinity-church-belfry-restoration

Lightbox works ok in firefox and ie, but doesn't work in chrome. The image is just a narrow letterbox shape - you can't really see anything.

Also, I'm now wondering if I have to reprocess all these images in photoshop again. I set them all, whether they were portrait or landscape, to be 1000px wide, thinking that I'd just let joomla adjust sizes for me, but the smart crop options are cutting off some important parts of the pictures.

Also, I thought since internet speeds have improved so much since I last built a website that between 60 - 160 kb per image was acceptable, but a lot of the pages have a lot of images on them and I am thinking I need to get image sizes down.
  • ntp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 65 posts
Last Edit: 11 years 1 day ago by ntp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi ntp,
The pictures on my pages are larger than those I uploaded (file size). This is even happening when (in the zen tools module) I set image resize options to not resize images. Even when it was shrinking them down the file size was increasing. If you look at the 2nd image down on this page (broken old bell mechanism) this is 269kb, but the actual picture is 130kb. www.bcmsteeplejacks.co.uk/joomla/index.php/case-studies/holy-trinity-church-belfry-restoration

www.bcmsteeplejacks.co.uk/joomla/media/zentools/imagecache/holy_trinity_1-42e2badbeef3d897eef748c2c23563b7.jpg

Is it the image you are referring to? The size of it is 275.9KB, I am just not sure where did you get the number 130KB?
Lightbox works ok in firefox and ie, but doesn't work in chrome. The image is just a narrow letterbox shape - you can't really see anything.

The lightbox works for me, I tested both Chrome+Ubuntu 12.10 and Chrome+Win7 (see attached files)
Also, I'm now wondering if I have to reprocess all these images in photoshop again. I set them all, whether they were portrait or landscape, to be 1000px wide, thinking that I'd just let joomla adjust sizes for me, but the smart crop options are cutting off some important parts of the pictures.

1000px wide is a little bit too wide, I'd suggest you to have 100KB or less for each image file.

Regards,
Attachments:
  • vietvu
  • 12 Month basic
  • 605 posts
  • 51 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers