Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Grid3 - Error message while updating to Joomla V2.5.9

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello, I have subscriped to Grid3 a few time ago but managed only now to work with it. I have installed it local with XAMPP, it was working fine, also by updating to newest version of Joomla.

I have made a mistake with the appearance and unfortenately made not a backup before the changes. I was lost with finding a solution and just thought - a completely remove of all files in the local folder and a new installation of Grid3 will be the best. Hard way...

So I did and after the new installation of Grid3 it was asking for the joomla update to the newest version, I did as I did at the first installation but then an error message told me that Grid3 has now corrupted files.

I can not imagine why... because I didn't change anything in the downloaded file (quickstart) - so from my understanding the installation (was working) and the update (was not working) should go as like in the first time.

Did I oversee something or do I have to remove something from the first installation which was not in the current folder of the site?

I'm just thinking about to forget about the local creating of my site and to do it live on the web.

What do you mean or do you have any help for me?

thanks a lot and best regards, Barbara
  • Babs21
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
Last Edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by manh.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Updating Joomla version locally shouldn't break the template.

Just checking but updating the template framework or the template itself may well cause problems if you updated these files

Did you download the quickstart version today as we did have a version that had a bug in the sample data?

thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers