Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Change width of maincontent area of GRID3

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey there lovely people,

Just a hopefully quick question. With the new T3 Framework I can't seem to find a configuration field for resizing. Right now it is 860px and i want it to be 960px. The ThemeMagic allows me to change the size but it doesn't save it for me - not sure what that part does. I did try to look at your documentation but couldn't find anything on resizing.

Appreciate your assistance.

Kind regards,

Nya

Here is the site again: wwkipday.com/joomla/
  • Nya Fleron
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Nya Fleron. Reason: forgot to add web URL
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Nya,

In theme magic the "Preview" button at the top has a drop down list that allows you to save your magic theme settings.

Just in case you did not try that. I, too, made changes that did not take and finally found the save button.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Hi

if you want to specify different width of sidebar-1, sidebar-2 and maincolumn you need to specify it inside this file...on top using spanX and offsets:

/templates/grid3/tpls/blocks/mainbody.php
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Hi there,

Yes, I finally figured it out... once I got back to working on this site. So now I added 100 pixel to the whole maincontent area through the ThemeMagic button - I had to go into the Theme tab and select the new theme style form ThemeMagic area to make it work properly.

Alas, the resizing only stuck with the component area, the sidebar area is the same size as before, and I actually wanted the sidebar area 100 pixel bigger not the component area.

I am looking at the mainbody.php file and everything seems to be divided into 12 increments, so if I change the set up to 5 and 3 and 4 will that do the trick for me... does it actually only change the size of the sidebar-2. What does the offset mean? Does that help to distribute everything evenly. I am only planning to use one sidebar module position, not both, does that make it easier?

// Layout configuration
$layout_config = json_decode ('{
"two_sidebars": {
"default" : [ "span6 offset3" , "span3 offset-9" , "span3" ],
"wide" : [],
"xtablet" : [],
"tablet" : [ "span12" , "span6 spanfirst" , "span6" ]
},
"one_sidebar1": {
"default" : [ "span9 pull-right" , "span3" ],
"xtablet" : [ "span9 pull-right" , "span3" ],
"tablet" : [ "span12" , "span12 spanfirst" ]
},
"one_sidebar2": {
"default" : [ "span9" , "span3" ],
"xtablet" : [ "span9" , "span3" ],
"tablet" : [ "span12" , "span12 spanfirst" ]
},
"no_sidebar": {
"default" : [ "span12" ]
}
}');

Appreciate your feedback.

Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi

offset is translated into margin. So this way you can have unordered main body. Means that for example you can have Sidecolumn-Maincontent-Sidecolumn layout, but inside code your maincontent will be first.

So you need to adapt span (width) and offset (margin -> distance from left) such that you get desired layout.

I had also play with it and I must admit it is not super easy to get desired layout, but after few tries you will manage it.
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Thanks Zuzuzu. Very helpful information.

Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi

I hope you managed this change. In case you will need more info, look at Google for out of order css divs or unordered mainbody or generally at any grid framework documentation.
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers