Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Some Initial Clarification Needed...

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi JB Team:

I am just starting a new site and the client chose for me to use GRID3. I certainly like what I see! I have to use the 2.5 version as the php version on my server is not ready for 3.0.

In getting started, I read the documentation and have a question about this section:

Grid3 - Home style is used on frontpage and is using layout called: "default-home". And Grid3 - Default used on all other pages is using layout: "default". You can edit these two layouts inside:

/templates/grid3/tpls/default-home.php
/templates/grid3/tpls/default.php

Actual difference is in excluding component output and sidebars in "default-home" template style layout.

I have created the grid3 Home style and the grid3 - Default is the default template. Do I need to do anything with the php files... I hate doing anything there as my knowledge of those are 'elementary' at best!

Your kind advice would be most welcome!

Cheers,
Tony
  • Tony Shaw
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1908 posts
  • 9 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

nope, you don't need to do anything with php files. All you can set by select and click inside template setting.

That part with php files is just explanation in case you will need to dig inside.
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Zuzuzu... you are the bearer of good news!
I have found some other issues with this template and will try to figure them out; but I think I will be 'forum-ing' again on this one!
Tony
  • Tony Shaw
  • 1908 posts
  • 9 Thanks
Hi Tony,

Think we've covered your other forum posts -are you all ok now?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
HI Paul:

Well, I am up-to-date for now. I will do a bit more exploring and get back to you all if necessary.

The new system of template management is very interesting and I am beginning to like it a lot!

Thanks for your concern, Paul

Tony
  • Tony Shaw
  • 1908 posts
  • 9 Thanks
No problem

Thanks for the update

Good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers