Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Grid 3 broken

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I subscribed to Joomla Bamboo awhile back, downloaded templates but did not end up using any of it. I renewed my subscription solely for Grid3. To my first disappointment, there was a message on the download page "Please note that Megamenu functions are not yet fully working and will be released as installable update of T3 plugin for both, Joomla 2.5 and Joomal 3.0." This message should have been upfront before customers are led to pay for a known defective product.

I proceeded to install the Joomla 3 Grid3 Quickstart into a fresh account on a dedicated server. My browser is an up-to-date Google Chrome. It installed successfully until I made very minimal template configuration changes. The last change was update to the secondary color using theme magic . The front page went haywire - all the menus disappeared, the grid re-sized very small, the project headings were on top of each other and the images disappeared.See attached screenshot.

grid3.jpg

What is the ETA on getting this theme fixed?
  • prukk2
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I think you did change layout for Home menu item.
There is no ETA for fixing this, it is only matter of setting.

I would recommend open template manager, select Grid3 - Home.
Go to Layout and make sure that Grid1 width is 9 columns/grids and grid4 width is 3 columns/grids.

Next, grid8 must be 12 columns/grids.

About menu, just make sure you have published that inside mainav.

You can take a look at documentation.

And if you want, you can create ticket and add superadmin access and I will correct setting for you, it is matter of 2 minutes.
  • Zuzuzu
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I re-installed as I did not touch the layout settings before it broke. although I clicked on the 2 red reset buttons after it broke. Your suggested settings are logical, specifically grid 1 to contain 9 (since i can see 9 images), grid 4 to contain 3; however the default settings and as it is now displaying 9 images are 6 for grid 1 and 6 for grid 4. Strange but all working for now.
Attachments:
  • prukk2
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
Re Template Grid3-Home Assignment tab.
By default only Home is ticked. I updated the site name from Grid3 to Test. As Home is selected, I could see "Test" on the front page. If I clicked on the other menu, such as Project-Project#1, it shows the Project#1 page content but it is showing Grid 3 as logo, So I ticked all the options (not just home) in Assignment and expected the Test text logo to come through to all the pages. It did. But the page content disappeared. In the Project#1 example, Test is displayed as logo with a blank page. Only the front page seems to be working, i.e., displaying the correct logo and page content.
  • prukk2
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
Hi
we are using different style for homepage and other pages as this is how Joomla works in order to achieve different look. So what you are trying is wrong way.
Instead, you need to edit Grid3 - Default and in similar way Grid3 - Home (not layout, only other setting).

Also, did you read documentation where this is described?
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
I have a similar issue to the original post.
2013-02-10_2057.png

As you can see, the front grid display is super small. . . and the projects have compacted on the right. I just ran a restore on a backup of my database to see if it would revert the tables/changes, but I believe it is a template/backend issue.

I thought I could fix this in the layout. . . but I have a big problem in that regards.
2013-02-10_2051.png

It's basically not there. So at a bit of a loss on how to correct this. Not sure if the missing layout section is the actual contributing problem, but it seems a bit like it might be.

Oh. . . portfolio.samdennettstudios.com
And since I've restored the database, the links/titles are all back to the original template.

I'll continue playing to try to fix this, but a little help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • nekobaby
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by nekobaby. Reason: additional info
I dropped the Grid3 template files via ftp and overwrote the files and it seems good for now. would love to know what changed/messed it up so I can avoid it in the future. I'll keep you advised if I figure it out.
  • nekobaby
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by nekobaby.
Actually, never mind the last statement. While the front page looks fine now, the layout section is still broken. Needs to be fixed or I won't be able to customize. I'll submit a ticket so you can get a better idea of what's going on.
  • nekobaby
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
Hi
but when I installed your quickstart all worked well. So I believe you changed tempate setting?

And did you read documentation? As this template is using more styles.

1) first style is only used on homepage where is defined different module width
2) second style is used on other pages

So what I think...you did edit template layout and changed homepage instead of all other pages.

Also, please, given you made forum post 12 minutes ago, there is no need to create ticket as well as this doesn't help. If there are more members doing this, it only slow us down and we can answer slower.
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
The layout section is missing in ALL the templates. I didn't touch the layouts except rename the titles on links and stuff. When I went into the template to change the site title, it got messed up. I reuploaded a database backup from prior to editing (based on your original install) and the issue persists. In fact, I haven't touched the layout since reinstalling the database and overwriting the templates in case that was the issue.

The issue came back on a page refresh.
I haven't touched the templates at this point except to go in and see if the layout section was there. . .which it isn't.
  • nekobaby
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
Hi sorry for the trouble.

We will take a look to see what's going on in your ticket.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thank you. I don't mean to be such a hassle. It's just really strange. I just refreshed once again and the front page corrected itself. Unfortunately, the layout sections being missing in the templates are really weird. Super strange.
  • nekobaby
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
It's no trouble.

Zuzana just looked but cant see the issue. Im about to look now and will report back.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I've just looked as well and there doesnt seem to be an issue. I used chrome.

Which browser are you using?

Can you try using a new browser to see if that fixes the issue?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I'm using chrome. Zuzana mentioned some addons can cause the issue. I've asked her if she knows which could cause the issue, but seeing as you are using chrome as well, maybe you would know best.
  • nekobaby
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
My guess would be having javascript disabled ro anything that controls that.

Thats the first time Ive visited that page so I suspect it's either cache or an addon as Zuzana suggests.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I set my chrome shortcut link to have the -enable-javascript in case that was the issue and cleared my cache to be safe. Seems to be working okay for now, so I'll keep my finger crossed.

Thanks!
  • nekobaby
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
Ok cool - sounds like that may have solved it.

Let us know how you get on.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Having the same trouble over here. I used the latest quickstart (which has some trouble with the sampla content by the way).
Then I saw in the backend the t3 framework could be updated. I installed the update. So far so good.

Then I changed the logo text into something else and the whole grid on home shrunk.

Now I'm tryiing to fix it. I did not change a thing to other settings before. Only afterwards, trying to fix things.

The other thing is, I cant open the layout settings. it says "The layout cannot be loaded. There might be some errors in the layout file."
  • Leonard van der Plas
  • 82 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Oh yyes, the link: www.venturefactory.nl/index.php
  • Leonard van der Plas
  • 82 posts
  • 3 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers