Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

having the grid appearing without the article content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

hi

Is it possible to have only the grid show on the page, without the article body appearing?

At the moment I have the grid, with the article below and below that "next" and "back" buttons.
The backround of the article content area is white, but the rest of the page is black and, as there is no content, I'm left with a white box which sticks out like a sore thumb.

Changing the background colour in the css isn't an option since we need a white background for other content pages - just not for the pages which contain the grid.
Is there any way of switching the content area off or is there another solution?
st
  • StuartT
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 30 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I'm not sure if this is relevant but you can load modules into articles using the loadposition core plugin

{loadposition made_up_position_name}
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/tutorials/using-the-loadposition-plugin-to-load-joomla-content

For more information - its an older Joomla version but its the same process

Only difference is you need to load jquery in the module if using zentools2

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
hi Paul

Thanks for the reply - but the thing is that I don't want anything to appear on that page other than the grid and the "back" & "next" buttons. I have the grid in the "banner" position and the back&next buttons in the "below" position, and I'm looking for a way to hide the main content/article content entirely. Can that be done?

st
  • StuartT
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 30 posts
Hi

Try assigning the "default-home" layout to the page - although this excludes the component / content including the below

You can change the layout via the template layout tab and its the setting to the right of

"Position & Responsive Configuration"

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
hi Paul

thanks again for the reply.

I did that and it removed the article content perfectly. However, it also removed the content on other pages as well.

I went to Extensions > Templates > Grid3 default > Templates Edit Style > Assignment tab (and selected the three pages where I *don't* want the article to appear > Layout tab and selected "default-home" to the right of "Position & Responsive Configuration" then clicked save.
The articles disappeared from the three pages with the grids on them, but also from every other page - am I missing something?

st
  • StuartT
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 30 posts
Hi St,

Is the Grid3 default template style still the default template e.g it has the star by it in template manager?

The template style containing "default-home" can't be default (with star) it just needs to be assigned to pages

The default template style (with star) needs to have the content area e.g. normally the default layout (in the template layout tab)

hopefully this makes sense as lots of defaults floating around :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
hi Paul

As ever, thanks for the solution.

st
  • StuartT
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 30 posts
You're welcome

good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers