Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

how to hide module after clicking link

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've search high and low for this, but can't seem to find an answer. I am using zentools with grid layout, set to display categories. When you click on the category, it displays the articles in that category. But at that point, I want the grid to hide. Is there any easy way to do this?
  • waikongchung
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 60 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

If you want to hide the modules on an article link it ideally needs to have a menu link for that article

There are other more advanced plugins to do this but if its easily done I'd look to use normal menu links

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by manh.
You could also create hidden menus
So links wouldn't need to be added to the main menu

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul, I've looked at hidden menus a bit and will have to read up on them more. Seems to be a common, but convoluted method to achieve this, and looks like people have been doing this since 1.x versions of Joomla. Sometimes, that's what frustrates me about Joomla, it gets you 90% of the way there, but the last few bits are frustratingly difficult. You would think that this would be a simple check box or choice. In anycase, thanks for listening to me vent. :)
  • waikongchung
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 60 posts
  • 1 Thanks
No problem :)

You could check out

www.nonumber.nl/extensions/advancedmodulemanager

Its not something I've used but may help

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers