Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Responsive (updated): module spacing/borders is different in positions

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey guys.

I'm having an issue with module spacing and borders when used in two different grid positions. (1st image) on content pages I am using sidebar-2 to stack three modules vertically filled and bordered using the "light" module class style. (2nd image) copies of those modules on the homepage in the grid2 position.

The 1st image shows the look I want.

The 2nd image shows that the modules are stacked edge-to-edge and the borders do not show as they do when in the sidebar-2 position.

Again, there are six modules total here but all are styled the same. Three in grid2 Home and three in sidebar-2 Content. (they are only duplicated right now as placeholders until the actual content is resolved.)

The live site is dev.femvitale.com

Please advise.
Thanks. Mark

blocks_sidebar-2_content.png

blocks_grid2_homepage.png
  • Mark
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 35 posts
Last Edit: 10 years 10 months ago by manh.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Could you try adding below to your custom.css file

.moduletable.light {
margin-bottom: 30px;
-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0px 0px 10px rgba(0,0,0,0.06);
-moz-box-shadow: inset 0px 0px 10px rgba(0,0,0,0.06);
box-shadow: inset 0px 0px 10px rgba(0,0,0,0.06);
-webkit-border-radius: 0;
-moz-border-radius: 0;
border-radius: 0;}

plus add the module suffix nopadding to the one without

and see how that looks

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Perfect. Thanks Paul. :)

Please clarify what you mean by "add the module suffix nopadding to the one without". I already had nopadding set in in the modules in the sidebar-2 position, but not the grid2 position on the homepage (not sure why I did this... something I was screwing around with.) I have now added nopadding to the grid2 modules but do not see any visible difference.

Thanks again.
Mark
  • Mark
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 35 posts
Hi Mark,

Does the padding look ok as it is now? - as I think nopadding doesn't seem to exist on this template

sorry should have checked that

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers