Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

[solved] Problem when a component open an iframe in Zen Base

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with Zen Base.
When a component open an Iframe (yes...i's bad...and I think there was other solutions less agressive), and when the Iframe is closed, I have this error in my dev consoles:

$this->addStylesheet (T3_TEMPLATE_URL.'/css/component.css'); 404 error http://192.168.1.28/assochinepau/templates/zenbase/css/component.css not found

I'm bored about this component (AgoraPro forum board), and I'm not sure to keep it, but I was thinkink it could be interresting for Joomlabamboo devs to know there is a problem there and perhaps with other components using Iframes.

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Brunus. Reason: marked as solved
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Brunus,

Could you provide your website URL, so that we can check it further?

Regards,
  • vietvu
  • 12 Month basic
  • 605 posts
  • 51 Thanks
Hi Brunus,

I've received your website address via email. I've checked it but not sure how to replicate this issue, could you provide more details?

In addition, if you have any information that should not be showed publicly, please consider raising a support ticket.

Regards,
  • vietvu
  • 12 Month basic
  • 605 posts
  • 51 Thanks
Yep thanks vietvu.
To replicate the problem :

- Login with the account I provided for you.
- Go to forum page ("discussion board" when lang=UK).
- Use the header1 positioned module displaying avatar, click on the arrow to view links to profile page.
- In profile page, try to upload an image for your avatar and also to choose one in the Agorapro avatar list.

The Agorapro avatar uploading tool cast an Iframe, and this behavior seems to not work correctly with T3 framework.

Sincerely
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Brunus,

With the provided steps I replicated and confirmed the issue. I've forwarded this topic to our developer for further investigation.

Thank you,
  • vietvu
  • 12 Month basic
  • 605 posts
  • 51 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brunus
Hi,

I think that the problem is that the component is calling the component view of the template (core output with no styling &view=component ).
This uses the file templates/yourtemplate/component.php which is calling the non-existent stylesheet.

I have made a note for this file to be added to stop the 404 error,. You can remove the error by adding a blank file called component.css to the templates css folder.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brunus
Ok thank you vietvu and robwent.

I feel stupid to not had tested just creating this component.css file...
This file is now in the template css directory, then I don't see the 404 error anymore.

But I still have a problem with the jquery-ui iframe used to upload avatars for Agorapro forum.
- The close cross of the modal box don't work at all.
- When avatar is uploaded, the modal box don't close also.

It's freezing firefox, and with chrome several F5 reloads are needed.
I think I seen that a #myavatar element is perhaps missing in the markup.
I posted an help demand on the Agorapro forum.

I will see that with them, I think it's a markup problem or script problem in the Agorapro code...but not sure...if you could just check again to be sure it's not a problem with Zen Base ou T3 it would be nice.

I'm diging myself also in the generated DOM to trace the problem.

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hey Brunus,

Sure thing but could you check to see if you get the same issues with another theme?

Sounds like a js conflict in there.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

I tested the Agorapro component using the Protostar template and then no problems with the avatar upload toolbox.

I will test deeper, looking for Jquery conflict.

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
oups... the optical fiber box of my distant office will be on migration process from now and during few hours. It's expected to be back for 7 PM Paris time (in 5 hours from now it's expected to be back). Sorry for this if you was testing things on my test server.
I apologise, I was not aware of this maintenance operation.

Meanwhile, I been able to check one thing, I disabled Jquery provided by Agorapro (jquery 1.7.2) without sucess to solve the problem.
I checked also the jquery-ui packages provided and was about to change it for the last release but ... damn ... my test server went offline.

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Just thought I'd check back - how is it looking?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi all,

Paul, I'm still fighting with this problem, but I had to care about other ones on other projects during the last days.

But I back on it today and I think the conflict maybe caused by the jquery.lightbox-0.5.pack.js script used in Agorapro forum code.
It's the script opening the lightbox containing the upload form for avatars.
This script is old, it shows a 2008 date...
I'm still investigating deeper to be sure of this. And I will try to replace this script by another one.

I tryed also to replace jquery-ui core and modules, and also the jquery version provided by Agorapro component by last versions or with the one provided by Joomla 3, but no success in this way.

If you guys have suggestions, you welcome of course :)

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Can you post the link here?
As viet is unavailable

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul,

It's ok, I'm on the good way now, I replaced the jquery.lightbox plugin by a joomla standard modal and it solved the problem.

It's not a very satisfaying because it's a hack into a component code then bad for upgrades, but I'm pretty sure to not keep this component after the Kunenan next release.

If you wanna try to find where there is a conflict between the jquery plugin and Zen Base scripts I could let you investigate using my test server but for me this problem is solved.

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi

If the problem is solved at your end then we are ok

Thanks for the very generous offer :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Still Solved, no worry ;)

I definitively found the best workaround, and I think there is something interesting there.
I replaced the 1.8.20 jquery-ui modules, provided by the Agorapro extension, with the latest stable release for each of the needed module (accordion, datepicker, dialog etc...) and even the jquery-ui core provided by Joomla! 3.0 and it fixed the problem in a much better way than replace the Jquery-ui-dialog call from a joomla! modal call.

Then still no problem, I don't need more help on this, but I think then there is a conflict between Joomlabamboo JS and old 1.8.20 jquery-ui code.

What you think ?

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers